The Student Room Group
Frenchay Campus, Bristol University of the West of England
University of the West of England, Bristol
Bristol
Visit website

Got an offer that I can't reach.

17345.28HeyI got an offer from UWE for 300 UCAS points for Economics. I'm on a gap year but re-sitting an exam, however no matter what I can only improve by one grade to give me 280 points as I'm only doing one re-sit (don't have an AS which brings down my points, would that also have an effect as higher A level grades would be achieved to get current points). I would like to put UWE as my first choice however as it's impossible to get the offer I fear not getting in. Getting into halls is pretty important for me hence having to use my insurance where I won't have guaranteed accommodation in halls worries me. However I know from what I saw last year that most people got in to university (including Russell groups) with grades far below their offer. Any advice would be very grateful.
Reply 1
i think with the hard work that you will put in you will be able to hopefully get the place. but call the admissions office and ask them, but if you're close to your grades or get near enough the ucas points you may be able to get into UWE, as you said some got into university last year not reaching the grades. just work hard and it'll pay off. best of luck !
Frenchay Campus, Bristol University of the West of England
University of the West of England, Bristol
Bristol
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest