Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So today I received my semester one results back for Criminal Law and Justice, law of obligations and contemporary issues in law and justice, and I received a low 2:1 in all of them (below 65), however only 1 of them was an exam, which was my best result. I have modules this term which are more exam heavy. However, what I want to ask is will law firms see these results as "low" or are they used to seeig 2:2 for first results? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Bump lol

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, they're relatively low, however they're only first year results and therefore not something to overly worry about.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neal95)
    So today I received my semester one results back for Criminal Law and Justice, law of obligations and contemporary issues in law and justice, and I received a low 2:1 in all of them (below 65), however only 1 of them was an exam, which was my best result. I have modules this term which are more exam heavy. However, what I want to ask is will law firms see these results as "low" or are they used to seeig 2:2 for first results? Thanks
    Try not to worry too much about it. Ask for feedback, identify your weaknesses and then work on improving your approach for next time. They are your first semester results and you have plenty of other opportunities to demonstrate that they aren't necessarily representative of your ability, if in fact they are not. If it helps to put your mind at ease, my first semester results were 2:2s. I went on to graduate with a first and get pupillage.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Advocatus)
    Try not to worry too much about it. Ask for feedback, identify your weaknesses and then work on improving your approach for next time. They are your first semester results and you have plenty of other opportunities to demonstrate that they aren't necessarily representative of your ability, if in fact they are not. If it helps to put your mind at ease, my first semester results were 2:2s. I went on to graduate with a first and get pupillage.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks for taking the time to answer whilst i did put quite a bit of work in, i did sort of slack off during the xmas hols and didnt actually redraft or edit my coursework, so im sure i could improve. generic feedback has been given and i will attend the drop in session for proper feedback

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.