Turn on thread page Beta

why is it mainly powerlifters that cause such a ruckus in the gym? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CharlieGEM)
    Well this week I did 300x3 rep set of squats, 300x5 rep set of deadlifts.

Max lift on the deadlift would be 340 on regular and 380 on an 18" deadlift.

There is someone else that can deadlift 300+ as well.
    DAMN YOU IS STRONG!!:eek::eek::eek:

You sir deserve a rep!
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    OP if it actually bothers you go to a weaker gym.

If you go to a proper bb gym; it's damn loud at times with guys going all out. Atmosphere is great. Grunting is not a uniquely powerlifting thing

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Straighthate)
    the camera pans around in some of them as he walks away from the bar
    no one to be seen...

why do you think he liked to train in his basement?
    you can scream all you want and nobody is there to get butthurt (such as guys like me)
    Try being a "straightcelebrate" for once in a while brah.

ReputationRep:
    Because powerlifters at the amateur level are generally skinny douchebags......

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by redbuthotter)
    Try being a "straightcelebrate" for once in a while brah.
    nice burn

ReputationRep:
    Bring the ruckus bros

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smashconcept)
    nice burn
    i will **** you.

ReputationRep:
    Powerlifters are true beasts!
    That is why!

ReputationRep:
    At my gym it's the oly lifters that make the most noise with the slamming, but it's allowed. The power lifters are really quiet. Infact, the loudest people are the Chinese when they come in big groups on the squat rack and do all sorts of mad ****.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hezzlington)
    At my gym it's the oly lifters that make the most noise with the slamming, but it's allowed. The power lifters are really quiet. Infact, the loudest people are the Chinese when they come in big groups on the squat rack and do all sorts of mad ****.
    Actually yeah this is true. The Oly crosslifters at my gym just can't lower the bar quietly, even when they're warming up with the 5s on each side and dropping the bar makes the plates bend.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 26, 2016
Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.