Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

My girlfriend who ive been with for 5/6 months now used to play around abit in the past. She's slept with a fair few people for her age and she was always talking to somebody. She can be very flirty and she used to send sexual pictures to boys, some of these boys she still has on snapchat.

It just bothers me because I see her as a totally different girl now to what she was. People always tell me that people can't just change and that puts doubts in my mind. I get scared that maybe she hasn't changed and maybe she's doing stuff behind my back or will one day just be like she was. I always have this doubt no matter how hard I try not to think about it and sometimes I feel like I don't want to be with her.

So can people change?
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    My girlfriend who ive been with for 5/6 months now used to play around abit in the past. She's slept with a fair few people for her age and she was always talking to somebody. She can be very flirty and she used to send sexual pictures to boys, some of these boys she still has on snapchat.

It just bothers me because I see her as a totally different girl now to what she was. People always tell me that people can't just change and that puts doubts in my mind. I get scared that maybe she hasn't changed and maybe she's doing stuff behind my back or will one day just be like she was. I always have this doubt no matter how hard I try not to think about it and sometimes I feel like I don't want to be with her.

So can people change?
    If she made the decision to change herself then yes she probably could. Is her past the reason you feel like you dont want to be with her or is there something else bothering you too?

(Original post by claireestelle)
    If she made the decision to change herself then yes she probably could. Is her past the reason you feel like you dont want to be with her or is there something else bothering you too?
    Just her past that really bothers me
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Just her past that really bothers me
    She can't really change her past so i guess this comes down to the fact you have to trust her and accept her past for the relationship to work

ReputationRep:

So can people change?
    of course people can change but i depends upon whether they have willpower and want to change or they just cba and want to stay as they are no matter how much anyone tries to sway them
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador

So can people change?
    Yes, I think people can change. They need trust and support. Try not to use her past against her, she may hate you for it.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 9, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.