Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I'm here because I really need some advice on what I should do, I feel totally and utterly stuck in my life and have no way of getting out.

Basically, growing up, I was always in a good place. Our home was a very happy one, all of my family really get on with each other and any arguments were petty.

Anyway, about six months ago, my girlfriend of 7 years asked me to move in with her at her parents' house. Reluctantly, I agreed. I was more than happy living at home but I guess I knew that at my age I'd have to move out eventually. I say I agreed relunctantly because I know what their house was like. Family rows, bad tempers and horrible living atmosphere doesn't even come close.

Every day I dread the thought of leaving work, simply because of what may await at the house. More often than not, they're arguing and shouting like hell at each other and if I'm honest it's a family that I really feel needs some help. My point is, I really hate having to live this way and every day I dream of just packing up and going back home. I get really down about it because I'm just not happy living here at all.

My relationship with my girlfriend is rocky also. She's cheated on me about four times (I know, what am I even still doing with her). I really feel like the best thing for me is to move on and start a new chapter in my life, but I'm finding it so difficult explaining to her that I want to go home and probably end the relationship.

I'm determined that if she cheats again I'd be on my way, but I feel as if I'm sitting waiting for something to go wrong so that I have a reason to end it to prevent the whole guilty feeling thing.

ReputationRep:
    Your relationship is clearly toxic, you would be much, much better off leaving her. Usually I'd advise you to just think about it but it sounds like you're just putting off the inevitable demise of this 'partnership'. You deserve so much better and you can get into a relationship you acutely enjoy with someone who loves and respects once you end this, she's not worth it and you're the only one who can put an end to it and when you do, good riddance!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 9, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.