Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    as the title states!
    i have no problem with presentation, more on what to say to help me ace it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawtyb)
    as the title states!i have no problem with presentation, more on what to say to help me ace it!

What is it for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BristolFresher15)
    What is it for?
    nothing major, just a food place but id still quite like the job!

ReputationRep:
    Blag it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CantGainWeight)
    Blag it.
    thats my plan but id still like a better chance of getting it then risking it on a blag haha

ReputationRep:
    nothing major, just a food place but id still quite like the job!
    Well, in that case, it sounds like it would be pretty relaxed. You should just be yourself, confident and friendly. Smile, make eye-contact and make sure you know details of your resume well, in case they ask. That's about it! There's nothing specific to being successful at an general interview, just a few key points

Hope that helps!

ReputationRep:
    thats my plan but id still like a better chance of getting it then risking it on a blag haha
    Trust me, people like it when you blag. Especially in an interview. It shows you're quick on your feet. That's what people want.

ReputationRep:
    Well, in that case, it sounds like it would be pretty relaxed. You should just be yourself, confident and friendly. Smile, make eye-contact and make sure you know details of your resume well, in case they ask. That's about it! There's nothing specific to being successful at an general interview, just a few key points

Hope that helps!
    thanks! its not my career goal but it wont hurt whilst im finishing my degree

ReputationRep:
    Preparation is key. Demonstrate you know and have done research about the role/company. also ask lots of (relevant) questions. This shows you are truly enthusiastic about the role and keen to learn more.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ketoali)
    Preparation is key. Demonstrate you know and have done research about the role/company. also ask lots of (relevant) questions. This shows you are truly enthusiastic about the role and keen to learn more.
    well i know its the only one in the uk so thats something i guess haha

ReputationRep:
    thanks! its not my career goal but it wont hurt whilst im finishing my degree

Yup, makes sense. My guess is professional interviews are more formal than otherwise. So, if this is just a temporary job mainly for the paycheck, it would be a fairly informal and relaxed interview. So there's no need to worry, you'll probably just get asked questions on your character and your resume.

I'm sure you know this already, but make sure you have answers to general interview questions that relate to this particular job.

Good luck!

Edit: As ketoali said, formulating questions and asking them at the end really shows enthusiasm for the position.

ReputationRep:
    Yup, makes sense. My guess is professional interviews are more formal than otherwise. So, if this is just a temporary job mainly for the paycheck, it would be a fairly informal and relaxed interview. So there's no need to worry, you'll probably just get asked questions on your character and your resume.

I'm sure you know this already, but make sure you have answers to general interview questions that relate to this particular job.

Good luck!

Edit: As ketoali said, formulating questions and asking them at the end really shows enthusiasm for the position.
    what sort of questions can you imagine a burger/rib and wings place asking?
    its an american based chain

ReputationRep:
    what sort of questions can you imagine a burger/rib and wings place asking?
    its an american based chain
    In the case of such a position, probably very simple things.

- Why you'd like to work there.
    - Whether you have experience in such a position/field.
    - Why you think you'd be a good fit. etc.

ReputationRep:
    In the case of such a position, probably very simple things.

- Why you'd like to work there.
    - Whether you have experience in such a position/field.
    - Why you think you'd be a good fit. etc.
    ah yea spose. just generalised sorts of questions

ReputationRep:
    ah yea spose. just generalised sorts of questions
    Exactly. I'm betting it will be pretty informal, so no need to fret

ReputationRep:
    Exactly. I'm betting it will be pretty informal, so no need to fret
    haha hope not!

ReputationRep:
    haha hope not!
    I'm sure you'll do great!

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure you'll do great!
    thanks!

ReputationRep:
    If the interviewer offers sex then accept it. That is what my employers do to see how far the interviewee's are willing to go to kiss managers asses.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MasterButcher)
    If the interviewer offers sex then accept it. That is what my employers do to see how far the interviewee's are willing to go to kiss managers asses.
    i really hope they dont actually do that?!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.