The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kvothe the arcane
Depends on the conditions of the relationships. I wouldn't be too bothered personally.

This honestly surprises me, I agree that the conditions of the relationship determine whether its a big deal or not. But say you had agreed to enter a monogamous relationship with someone, would you not be bothered that your partner has gone behind your back to form and cultivate another relationship (by text or whatever) which led to the exchange of naked pictures? For me the actual nude picture wouldn't be a big deal, but its everything else including why which would bother me.
Original post by dean01234
This honestly surprises me, I agree that the conditions of the relationship determine whether its a big deal or not. But say you had agreed to enter a monogamous relationship with someone, would you not be bothered that your partner has gone behind your back to form and cultivate another relationship (by text or whatever) which led to the exchange of naked pictures? For me the actual nude picture wouldn't be a big deal, but its everything else including why which would bother me.

It is likely that any future relationship I have will be at least somewhat open.

I would indeed feel betrayed if my trust was broken, yes.
I totally agree with you my gf did and we have a baby together I'm confused what to do
If you have to hide it, if you have to delete it it’s a betrayal at the very least. If you don’t feel like you’re doing something “wrong” why hide it? Forget the label “cheating” if your partner would be hurt by this behaviour, and it’s a violation of the boundaries y’all have determined for your relationship you’re hurting them knowingly.
Whether you label that as cheating or not, that depends on your definition of the word words are merely metaphor. If your actions breaks a partner’s trust or makes them question your commitment to the partnership, you’ve “cheated” in their eyes. And that’s really all that matters. The relationship is between you two, none of the folks who have responded live in your house.

Latest

Trending

Trending