The Student Room Group

Broke up with my bf today

Our relationship was a roller coaster; we break up and then getting back again. This time, he had enough and he doesn't want to get back with me anymore.
I really love him and I said sorry and everything but he doesn't want me back.
I want to move on but it is really hard.
This was my first relationship and I am finding it hard. I want to message him again and say let's be friends but I know he will decline.

How can I distract myself? I tried going out with my friends but I don't feel happy or motivated. I feel very withdrawn from the world.
I don't know what to do. I tried hanging out with my friends but I keep thinking about him.

Should I seek help? I mean, professional medical help.
Don't ask to be friends. Chances are you're only saying that because you want him in your life in some way / don't feel prepared to break things off completely. If you did agree to be friends at this stage, it wouldn't be good for you. Maybe in the future when you're over him and actually valued his friendship without any romantic feelings, then try getting in contact.

You've broken up today though - and going out with friends can help but it's not supposed to fix things straight away, and to be honest nothing can fix it straight away or stop you from thinking about him. But you just have to cut off contact, distract yourself, get rid of anything that reminds you of him and you'll slowly but surely get over him. :h:
One of the best things you can do to help yourself is to not be friends with him because it just won't work out, especially when it comes to being in other relationships in the future. Could you stand to see him with other girls? Unfortunately that would be the case if you were to be friends.

It's normal to feel the way you do after a break up and especially the first one. Just make sure you remember that, and I'm sure you will have a friend or family member to seek comfort in if you need that extra bit of support. It might take a while for you to feel a bit better, get your emotions out, don't keep them inside because it will just make things worse.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending