Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

I really hope someone can help. I've been offered a place at Edinburgh University for Primary Education degree with History. At the interview we were advised that it's much like two degrees running alongside each other. I left school at 16 and left with a Standard Grade (GCSE) level in History. I'm now 28 and haven't done anything related to History since then.

Does anyone have any advise on where I could start my reading over there summer holidays, or what I may expect?

Thanks
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I'm not sure why you were told it's like doing two degrees, I've had a look at the course structure (click here), and it isn't. Yes, you're studying two very different subjects at the same time, but that isn't uncommon. First year modules at Edinburgh won't be a huge step-up for GCSEs, they're around A level standard. There are reading lists available for each module in the above link, read a few of those books over the summer and you will be fine!

ReputationRep:
    Thank you ever so much for that link! I had no idea how you found it (complete noob to all this). Before our interview we had a chance to chat to 1st year students and it was one of them that told us it was like doing two degrees. So thank you very much for clearing that up, I was starting to panic a little about my lack of historical knowledge.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.