Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    Hello everyone,
    I've got a question to ask about cardiology residency in UK.
    I'm currently doing my MBBS in India... I've completed my final year & will be starting my mandatory 1 year internship later this month completing which I'll be getting my MBBS degree...
    I hope to become a cardiologist and I wish to do it from UK.... However I've no idea what to do... I've read about the medical curriculum & the path which a UK medical graduate needs to take in order to become a cardiologist... However nowhere could a I find a guide for an Indian medical graduate...
    Hence I'm posting my question here about what I need to do in order to apply for a degree in cardiology in UK...
    [Note: In India in order to become a cardiologist 1 must take the following steps:
    1) Complete 4.5 of medical school & do 1 year of internship there to attain the MBBS degree
    2) Give the entrance exam to get entry into a PG course a medical college or teaching hospital in Gen Med & get an MD(3 years course)
    3) Then give an entrance exam to get admission for a DM course in Cardiology in a medical college or teaching hospital.]

    You would need to sit the PLAB first and foremost in order to register with the GMC and have a license to practice in the UK.


University open days

  1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.