Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I am currently doing a foundation course in Art & Design. I have applied for a Part 1 Architecture course. I have also applied to the following universities: De Montfort, Herfordshire, UAL, Westminster & Greenwich. I liked the first four unis and now i am stuck in which university to choose from. Overall, i liked the atmosphere from all the universities i was also satisfied with the tutors and the work produced by students, but because of this i am not so confused in which university i should choose. So perhaps anyone could help me in choosing which university would be best to choose from, keep in mind i like all of them so far apart from Greenwich.

Unis i was interested in:
    -De Montfort (Leicester)
    -Hertfordshire
    -UAL (Central Saint Martins
    -Westminster

Architecture K100 (BAHons) - i've also received offers from four universities so far.

Thanks, John

ReputationRep:
    De Montfort. Really good school, really caring tutors, had a fair few awards in the president medals recently too. Plus you avoid the expense of living in London.

ReputationRep:
    My friends is in 2nd year at Westminster and she said the teaching is good big studio space. However having visited her many times I feel like it's not really archi student friendly. Supply shops are stations aways from uni and I don't really think I can handle that kind of life on top of the stress that the course has already given. I've been in contact with quite a few tutors graduated from De monfort and they seemed to be very good in their fields.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Farchitect)
    De Montfort. Really good school, really caring tutors, had a fair few awards in the president medals recently too. Plus you avoid the expense of living in London.
    De Montfort seems really promising, the city is lovely and very relaxing, also some tutors who i spoke to seem really experienced and very friendly, i may actually choose De Montfort, i applied to an open day just ensure if i reallly want to go, but thanks for your suggestion )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Indiestreet)
    My friends is in 2nd year at Westminster and she said the teaching is good big studio space. However having visited her many times I feel like it's not really archi student friendly. Supply shops are stations aways from uni and I don't really think I can handle that kind of life on top of the stress that the course has already given. I've been in contact with quite a few tutors graduated from De monfort and they seemed to be very good in their fields.

I was fascinated by the facilities, workshops and the type of work students created in westminster, but i also had that same vibe as you did, it wasnt very archi friendly in terms of relationships between student and tutor, as it felt really odd speaking to a couple of tutors and i did not really feel the friendly and open atmosphere, i even spoke to one of the 2nd year students and asked him about how he felt about his tutors. he replied "some tutors are not as friendly as you think they are, but then again you are here to use their knowledge and learn from them and take as much as you can".
    but yes overall, i have the same exact opinion as you do with westminster. Plus right now im motivated to go to De Montfort hearing that 1st years get to travel out for a week outside the UK for a Unit project

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by johnfrancis_j)
    I was fascinated by the facilities, workshops and the type of work students created in westminster, but i also had that same vibe as you did, it wasnt very archi friendly in terms of relationships between student and tutor, as it felt really odd speaking to a couple of tutors and i did not really feel the friendly and open atmosphere, i even spoke to one of the 2nd year students and asked him about how he felt about his tutors. he replied "some tutors are not as friendly as you think they are, but then again you are here to use their knowledge and learn from them and take as much as you can".
    but yes overall, i have the same exact opinion as you do with westminster. Plus right now im motivated to go to De Montfort hearing that 1st years get to travel out for a week outside the UK for a Unit project
    You actually get to go abroad for a week or so every year. We went to Paris in first year, Amsterdam in second year and Italy in third year. All so much fun as well, especially by third year, good banter and drinking with the tutors.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 10, 2016

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    Christ's College Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Sep '18
  2. Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Sep '18
  3. Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.