The Student Room Group

Is there any other education I can do but retake A-Levels/IB to apply for Uni?

Say if I did a certified online diploma course, would the university even have a look at that or take it into consideration?

The problem is that due to really bad health problems I had last year (was in and out of hospital), I had to drop all my IB subjects to standard level and certificates instead of full diploma in order for me to actually pass high school at all.

I graduated, took gap year to focus on getting my health back on track, applied for unis and they all rejected me purely because I didn't do higher level on at least 3 subjects, everything else on the application they said they loved. Most asked if I was currently pursuing in any further education. So I wanna know if there is anything that I can do, so that I might perhaps have some chance in clearing or is repeating the only choice I have?
Original post by RainyLou
Say if I did a certified online diploma course, would the university even have a look at that or take it into consideration?

The problem is that due to really bad health problems I had last year (was in and out of hospital), I had to drop all my IB subjects to standard level and certificates instead of full diploma in order for me to actually pass high school at all.

I graduated, took gap year to focus on getting my health back on track, applied for unis and they all rejected me purely because I didn't do higher level on at least 3 subjects, everything else on the application they said they loved. Most asked if I was currently pursuing in any further education. So I wanna know if there is anything that I can do, so that I might perhaps have some chance in clearing or is repeating the only choice I have?

Unless you wanted to do a foundation year then repeating or maybe doing an access course might be your only option.
I'm not sure what you mean by certified online diploma, but there are some distance learning courses which universities accept in lieu of the IB/A levels. What do you want to study? I've compiled a list of the most common routes into university for people without A levels, click here to see it: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3401311

Original post by claireestelle
Unless you wanted to do a foundation year then repeating or maybe doing an access course might be your only option.

The OP might not have any idea what Access courses or foundation years actually are. :dong: If you're not going to explain the options properly you should at least link a post that does.
Reply 3
Original post by Snufkin
I'm not sure what you mean by certified online diploma, but there are some distance learning courses which universities accept in lieu of the IB/A levels. What do you want to study? I've compiled a list of the most common routes into university for people without A levels, click here to see it: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3401311

Thank you thats informative. Well I want to do psychology, which I did study in high school.
Original post by RainyLou
Thank you thats informative. Well I want to do psychology, which I did study in high school.

Would you be prepared to go to a local college or do you only want to consider online/distance learning courses? There is a distance learning Access to HE course in Social Sciences which covers psychology (click here), but it would be much harder than going to a conventional college.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending