Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,

Me and my friends want to go to Magaluf in July 2016 for 5 days to a week, however my family think that because I will not be 18 till the middle of June I am not ready for the type of drinking that takes place on one of these holidays. I really want to go because my family are usually fairly strict so I want to enjoy my freedom before going to university and being somewhat sensible. What do you think I should do???

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What exactly are you asking advice on? I think you should go, it will be fun and you don't have to get absolutely smashed. Tell your parents they should trust you, that you're responsible and aren't going to end up like some of the other English kids passed out / chundering on the strip.

Also university is not the place to go for sensible drinking.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dean01234)
    What exactly are you asking advice on? I think you should go, it will be fun and you don't have to get absolutely smashed. Tell your parents they should trust you, that you're responsible and aren't going to end up like some of the other English kids passed out / chundering on the strip.

Also university is not the place to go for sensible drinking.
    Thank you for the response I shall follow your advice , and for me school/college is always a bit socially awkward for me so I am not expecting to be invited to many parties etc. so actually university probably will be quite sensible and serious for me

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ferris98)
    Thank you for the response I shall follow your advice , and for me school/college is always a bit socially awkward for me so I am not expecting to be invited to many parties etc. so actually university probably will be quite sensible and serious for me

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Honestly university is very different to school, if you put your self out there you'll definitely be able to meet people and have fun.

Enjoy Magaluf

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.