Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I’ve firmed Warwick to study economics, but I wanted some help with choosing my accommodation. I know there is a lot of information on the website but i’d rather know about people’s experiences/opinions.I’ve got it down to my top 6: arthur vick, bluebell, heronbank, jack martin, lakeside and sherbourne.Can you tell me a bit more about each like: how friendly/sociable, how quiet/noisy, how far from lectures, room size etc. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    you're gonna have to consider some shared bathroom ones, you can only put two ensuite and you can't put both AV and JM

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WarwickPhysicist)
    you're gonna have to consider some shared bathroom ones, you can only put two ensuite and you can't put both AV and JM
    Yeah thanks I know, that's why I'm trying to choose which is the best between those

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LaurieHarris)
    I’ve firmed Warwick to study economics, but I wanted some help with choosing my accommodation. I know there is a lot of information on the website but i’d rather know about people’s experiences/opinions.I’ve got it down to my top 6: arthur vick, bluebell, heronbank, jack martin, lakeside and sherbourne.Can you tell me a bit more about each like: how friendly/sociable, how quiet/noisy, how far from lectures, room size etc. Thanks
    im at Warwick at the moment living in Tocil.
    The best residences, hands down seem to be JM and AV, with AV seeming to be the more social one.
    Bluebell looks so nice, basically like a hotel, but too nice for student living in my opinion. You'll also have to handle the stick you'll get for being a posh ****.
    I have a few friends from heronbank/lakeside/Sherborne and all they say is that it's so far away and they wish they had picked one closer to central campus.
    I would consider Tocil, as I would personally recommend it.
    Any questions, just ask

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a96clark)
    The best residences, hands down seem to be JM and AV, with AV seeming to be the more social one.
    Bluebell looks so nice, basically like a hotel, but too nice for student living in my opinion. You'll also have to handle the stick you'll get for being a posh ****.
    I have a few friends from heronbank/lakeside/Sherborne and all they say is that it's so far away and they wish they had picked one closer to central campus.
    Any questions, just ask
    Are there any twin sharing rooms on campus? I couldn't find any on the site. How's the bathroom sharing? Is it weird or does it work out okay?

ReputationRep:
    All of the rooms are about the same size, give or take. There is far more variation in noise/"social" levels within accommodations than between them, and nowhere is a long way from anywhere. Pick based on cost, let length and whether or not you want an en suite.

(Original post by Rara Diaz)
    Are there any twin sharing rooms on campus? I couldn't find any on the site. How's the bathroom sharing? Is it weird or does it work out okay?
    There are a few in Westwood, that are used on a temporary basis in case of a room shortage. Bathroom sharing is fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rara Diaz)
    There are a few twin rooms in Sherbourne and Rootes. They are only offered to applicants who tick Yes to the question: Are you willing to share a room?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a96clark)
    Any questions, just ask
    Heronbank, Lakeside and Sherbourne are just a ten minute walk to the centre of campus.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 6 Oct '18
  2. University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.