Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Novels: Lord Of The Flies, To Kill A Mockingbird
    Poetry Cluster: Character and Voice

Any predictions for these? My English teacher said they've never asked a question on Roger for LOTF.

ReputationRep:
    Mr Bruff isn't posting predictions this year, although he has got them right 4 years in a row.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Any predictions for poetry, relationship cluster ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    there wouldnt be a sister maude this year as it had already come up last year

ReputationRep:
    Could I have the link please? Freaking out a bit about English now

ReputationRep:
    Novels: TKAM and AIC
    Poetry: Relationships

Some teachers at our school are predicting that the passage where Calpurnia prepares the children to go to the First Purchase Church might come up, perhaps centred around the idea of Jem being "colour blind"...any thoughts?

Also, don't worry about putting context in Section A if you can't think of any - it isn't in the mark scheme, and although it might make your essay look more sophisticated, they're not going to mark you down if you don't use it.

ReputationRep:
    Hi can anyone help with this? Based on my score of 38/40 in the coursework which is worth 25%, could anybody tell me what I would then need in both respective exams to achieve a b/a/a*
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pink.lemonade)
    It was definitely the death of curleys wife - are you sure your on AQA?
    I've said in my previous threads I'm doing WJEC

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mrh7)
    I've said in my previous threads I'm doing WJEC
    Oh sorry I didn't see - this is the AQA thread, maybe there is a WJEC one with people who could help?

ReputationRep:
    predictions for aqa of mice and men & the crucible questions?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pink.lemonade)
    Oh sorry I didn't see - this is the AQA thread, maybe there is a WJEC one with people who could help?
    That's alright. I didn't realise it was AQA but someone replied so I answered back

ReputationRep:
    Hey can someone tell me how you paragraph on exploring modern texts: sunlight on the grass? Do you base paragraphs on themes and mention language techniques within the paragraphs or do we base paragraphs on the language techniques and talk about the themes within the paragraph?

ReputationRep:
    My teacher told me that coursework for English literature is worth 40% of the exams??? Now I'm confused
    (Original post by Tobyd000)
    Hi can anyone help with this? Based on my score of 38/40 in the coursework which is worth 25%, could anybody tell me what I would then need in both respective exams to achieve a b/a/a*
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm studying To Kill a Mockingbird, An Inspector Calls and the Conflict poetry cluster.
    My teacher recommended the website Litcharts to me, it is great for everything about most of the texts studied on AQA Lit including To Kill A Mockingbird.
    After looking at the previous past papers from over the years and seeing that every character has appeared once BUT Aunt Alexandra and Calpurnia, I think that the extract from question 2 part a will either be on Aunt Alexandra's missionary circle or Calpurnia's church and the part b on how Calpurnia represents prejudice or Aunt Alexandra represents Maycomb Society.
    I also think that the conflict poem comparison will be either At the Border or Belfast Confetti considering the situation with migrants and terrorism in the news lately.
    Hope this helps.

(Original post by ananomous)
    For The Crucible i have predicted some character, feel free to suggest any more.
    Danforth
    Hathorn
    Elizabeth
    Putnam
    Rebecca nurse
    Rebecca Nurse is too small of a character same with Hathorn, Putnam but they can be in the theme question

Elizabeth came out last year with John Proctor

Tituba may come up as well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Char4ncubex)
    My teacher told me that coursework for English literature is worth 40% of the exams??? Now I'm confused
    We were told its was 25% (AQA)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emily125)
    Hi, I'm studying To Kill a Mockingbird, An Inspector Calls and the Conflict poetry cluster.
    My teacher recommended the website Litcharts to me, it is great for everything about most of the texts studied on AQA Lit including To Kill A Mockingbird.
    After looking at the previous past papers from over the years and seeing that every character has appeared once BUT Aunt Alexandra and Calpurnia, I think that the extract from question 2 part a will either be on Aunt Alexandra's missionary circle or Calpurnia's church and the part b on how Calpurnia represents prejudice or Aunt Alexandra represents Maycomb Society.
    I also think that the conflict poem comparison will be either At the Border or Belfast Confetti considering the situation with migrants and terrorism in the news lately.
    Hope this helps.
    My English teacher said they're yet to ask on Mrs. Dubose and Dill!
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Hi,I am doing OMAM and AIC, with the conflict cluster.Most teachers in my school think it will be Gerald, Sheila or Inspector. Although I have no idea for OMAM, does anyone have any ideas for OMAM?

ReputationRep:
    Extremely easy exam!
    Hardly revised and achieved an A*.
    Focus should be on exam technique rather than knowing the texts inside out.
    Structure your paragraphs in the following way:
    Point, Embedded quote, explain the quote, pick out a couple of words and explain the connotations of each word. Explain why the write chose those words etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rossd55)
    Hi,
    I was just wondering whether you are able to take a copy of the text into the exam that has folded pages marking key events? I am unsure as you are not annotating and I don't see how it is not a 'clean' copy
    Many thanks
    I think in most exams they give you a copy - folding the pages is marking the text so they would probably see it as if you had made notes.
    That is, if you were allowed to take your own copy in and were unfortunate enough for it to be checked!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 25, 2017
Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.