Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing OMAM for my book and AIC for my play, and conflict for my poetry, i'm pretty confident about OMAM and i think that Candy or the american dream will come up. For Candy, refer to the similarities between him and his dog, and how the sick and elderly are treated by the younger generation. Also, if that scene comes up, refer to how slim, even though he seems "godlike" and "kind" he can't change the fate of the dog.
    Could someone please give me an idea of what will come up for AiC, and what to revise for it, because I always seem to fall down on that question

*edit i meant candy not curley, i know what i'm talking about i swear

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MIST_123)
    If anyone wants Mr Bruff's A* Videos (10 In depth videos each 15-30 mins long), PM me! 6 Videos for English Language and 4 for English Literature (one covering each question in depth). Helped me get 2 A*s last year!

Also have AIC and OMAM recourses if anyone is interested.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The videos and AIC resources would be really helpful!

ReputationRep:
    Hi is anyone else really stuck on The crucible. I have no idea how to revise!! I am freaking out I need an A*!! Anyone have any tips?

ReputationRep:
    Speaking of AiC, there's a chance that Time or Uncertainty might come up (as themes).

ReputationRep:
    If anyone wants Mr Bruff's A* Videos (10 In depth videos each 15-30 mins long), PM me! 6 Videos for GCSE English Language and 4 for English Literature (one covering each question in depth). Helped me get 2 A*s last year!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Harrymason)
    I'm doing OMAM for my book and AIC for my play, and conflict for my poetry, i'm pretty confident about OMAM and i think that Candy or the american dream will come up. For Candy, refer to the similarities between him and his dog, and how the sick and elderly are treated by the younger generation. Also, if that scene comes up, refer to how slim, even though he seems "godlike" and "kind" he can't change the fate of the dog.
    Could someone please give me an idea of what will come up for AiC, and what to revise for it, because I always seem to fall down on that question

*edit i meant candy not curley, i know what i'm talking about i swear
    i think for An inspector calls Gerald or Sheila will come up. as the other characters have come up recently in past papers. and the theme social responsibilty. this is just a guess

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmald583)
    Speaking of AiC, there's a chance that Time or Uncertainty might come up (as themes).

Oh god i hope not, the only thing i know about time is the difference between the beginning scene and the end scene :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ucalyptas)
    What is predicted to come up for Of Mice and Men? I'm thinking curley, and who else?
    I think it might be dreams, but they could throw something horrible at us like power..

ReputationRep:
    If anyone wants Mr Bruff's A* Videos (10 In depth videos each 15-30 mins long), PM me! 6 Videos for GCSE English Language and 4 for English Literature (one covering each question in depth). Helped me get 2 A*s last year!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    videos and aic and omam sound good!

ReputationRep:
    Yes the videos would be really helpful thanks X

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Please do send me the videos and the resources if you can! That would be amazing. Thank youu x

ReputationRep:
    Could I have the videos
    If anyone wants Mr Bruff's A* Videos (10 In depth videos each 15-30 mins long), PM me! 6 Videos for English Language and 4 for English Literature (one covering each question in depth). Helped me get 2 A*s last year!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Any predictions for Lord of the Flies and To Kill A Mockingbird?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by georgie0c)
    I think either Dill or Calpurnia for To Kill A Mockingbird

ReputationRep:
    My teachers predict that TKAMB will be on family life.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hi i would love if you could send me the videos and the resources for AIC.
    Thanks

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Could you send them to me please??
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    some teachers in my school have predicted LOTF to be about The Conch and Jack

ReputationRep:
    TKAM might be the passage about Jem being "colour blind" before going to Calpurnia's Church.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    I'd also say that prehaps symbols in LOTF may come up? Or maybe even something like setting or weather?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.