Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ella_08)
    Well it seems like we'll both be doing that monday night then... fun! *sigh* Hahaha don't worry it doesn't really matter. just think, in 2 days you'll never have to write 'AIS' again, yay good for you, i like how chill you are about it. My mum pressures me to do well in english because she did it at Uni & it's really frustrating. I can't believe how late it is (the day's flown by) do you think I should try to memorise more tonight?
    Haha very true! And yeah when it comes to English I'm pretty calm, but with maths and science it's an entirely different story. Ah that's unlucky but in all honesty if the academic subjects are your strengths you're better off worrying about them. And jesus yeah it is. Sleep is important so maybe call it a day and get up early tomorrow. Not that I'm following my own advice - I'm attempting an all nighter to learn this crap

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MA28613)
    Haha very true! And yeah when it comes to English I'm pretty calm, but with maths and science it's an entirely different story. Ah that's unlucky but in all honesty if the academic subjects are your strengths you're better off worrying about them. And jesus yeah it is. Sleep is important so maybe call it a day and get up early tomorrow. Not that I'm following my own advice - I'm attempting an all nighter to learn this crap
    Wow! I freak out so much about english but in my maths mock exam I thought about anything other than maths. Yeah, i guess. Geo is my fav and I have to do well in science. Haaah i can't believe it's past 1:00am, what am i even doing with my life. I think I'll do the same thing as you tbh. I'm gonna learn Gerald for AIC now :cry2::cry2: keep updated on what you're learning (:

ReputationRep:
    Literally, i'm doing the same exams as you guys, including Geography! Im trying to get all of Section B of Unit 1 done right now and then banging out AIC and OMAM all night and day! LOL! If you need any help for geography a edexcel, i found this youtube channel that has a bunch useful videos - here's the link: https://www.youtube.com/user/RiddlesdownGeog/playlists - there's also a extremely useful website, geobytesgcse.files.wordpress.com
    Also, for monday's english literature exam, I'm thinking of just memorising the a* essays people have made on mr salles' channel - of course mainly the ones that are predicted to come up, i.e. Candy and Gerald.
    Anyways good luck in your exams!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Colonel Sanders)
    Literally, i'm doing the same exams as you guys, including Geography! Im trying to get all of Section B of Unit 1 done right now and then banging out AIC and OMAM all night and day! LOL! If you need any help for geography a edexcel, i found this youtube channel that has a bunch useful videos - here's the link: https://www.youtube.com/user/RiddlesdownGeog/playlists - there's also a extremely useful website, geobytesgcse.files.wordpress.com
    Also, for monday's english literature exam, I'm thinking of just memorising the a* essays people have made on mr salles' channel - of course mainly the ones that are predicted to come up, i.e. Candy and Gerald.
    Anyways good luck in your exams!
    Haha it's somehow comforting to know we're all in the same position. Cheers for the help but I'm AQA Yeah sounds like a good idea actually!! Good luck with yours too, let us know how they go.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ella_08)
    Wow! I freak out so much about english but in my maths mock exam I thought about anything other than maths. Yeah, i guess. Geo is my fav and I have to do well in science. Haaah i can't believe it's past 1:00am, what am i even doing with my life. I think I'll do the same thing as you tbh. I'm gonna learn Gerald for AIC now :cry2::cry2: keep updated on what you're learning (:
    Fair enough! I want to sleep so bad but I really can't. Good luck - I'm writing a response for the inspector atm. I don't think he's come up for the past five years so just gonna try my luck.

ReputationRep:
    Fair enough! I want to sleep so bad but I really can't. Good luck - I'm writing a response for the inspector atm. I don't think he's come up for the past five years so just gonna try my luck.
    Same, I just got an energy drink. Good luck with the inspector, I really really hope he doesn't come up :/ but he might so it's good you're doing some work on him. I've finished learning Gerald (not really tho) and currently working on memorising the inspector :sleep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pink.lemonade)
    45mins for each (WIB and OMAM)
    Personally I would split the OMAM into 5 minutes annotating extract, 20mins on part a and 20mins on part b.

Yep, there are 2 questions to choose from for the woman in black question. I do An Inspector Calls so I'm not sure if it's the same but usually for AIC one question is on a character and the other is on a theme.

Good luck!
    Thanks and I'm sure I'll be fine. Yes maybe I should have been writing practice essays up until the exam but I don't think I'm capable of screwing up an english essay bad enough to get a B hopefully. Got 38/40 on the lit coursework so hopefully that will be a buffer if I don't do too great on the exam. Biggest opponent isn't being able to write a good essay but the time constraint.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by black1blade)
    Thanks and I'm sure I'll be fine. Yes maybe I should have been writing practice essays up until the exam but I don't think I'm capable of screwing up an english essay bad enough to get a B hopefully. Got 38/40 on the lit coursework so hopefully that will be a buffer if I don't do too great on the exam. Biggest opponent isn't being able to write a good essay but the time constraint.
    Yeah shouldn't be a problem. Let me know how it went after the exam! Well done that's great. I actually managed 40/40 but pretty sure I still need ridiculously high marks to get an A. And yes timing is such an issue for me. I end up putting in too much information about one point and realise my time in nearly up and I have to finish it whilst I'm midway through making a point.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah shouldn't be a problem. Let me know how it went after the exam! Well done that's great. I actually managed 40/40 but pretty sure I still need ridiculously high marks to get an A. And yes timing is such an issue for me. I end up putting in too much information about one point and realise my time in nearly up and I have to finish it whilst I'm midway through making a point.
    I don't know how they mark the essays and my teacher doesn't either, she just gives us a grade based on how good she thinks it is. Apparently examiners disagree, some may think an answer is an A while other's think it's a C. That's my main problem with English- it's level of subjectivity. Shame I can't take it next year because of the way my sixth form's option blocks work.

ReputationRep:
    gonna sleep now. See you tomorrow, then the day after... exam day :eek4:

ReputationRep:
    Heads up. We go in the exam hall and leave something special for everyone to remember because we are the last to do this specification.

You got this, we got this under control.

#****AQAStill

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Em14520)
    Hey would you be able to send me the videos, you'd be a life saver thanks xx
    Please me too. I only need Literature. TIA

ReputationRep:
    PLEASE help me
    I'm doing and inspector calls and TKAM, my English teacher isn't very good and has only really covered the poetry so I'm not confident at all with what I'm doing, I've done practise essays for her but she just gives a grade and no feedback so I don't trust her marking, I also find the timings really hard to stick by (but I'm also entitled to 25%) extra time, I've not really done much English lit revision and don't know where to start, any help and advice would be appreciated!
    ( I also got an A* in my controlled assessment and was wondering what scores I would need to get to get an A in the exam)

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know where I can find sample essays?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What makes the difference between an A and an A* answer? I really want to get an A* and feel I know the play quite well, I really want to know what could help bump up my grade! :turtle:

ReputationRep:
    I reckon Mrs Birling

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by strongcurrent)
    Anyone else here doing Kindertransport? :x
    Hi there, I'm doing KIndertransport and omam tomorrow im not that confident with kindertransport but ive seen some suggestions that people have said may come up such as the abyss and villains x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dec1153)
    I reckon Mrs Birling
    When's the last time she came up? My gut feeling is that it'll be gerald

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone doing A View From the Bridge?

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing Kindertransport & what do you mean by abyss and villains? That's the questions could be about those things?

(Original post by s_ovo)
    Hi there, I'm doing KIndertransport and omam tomorrow im not that confident with kindertransport but ive seen some suggestions that people have said may come up such as the abyss and villains x

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.