Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lawliet-L)
    Novel: Of Mice and Men
    Play: Kindertransport
    Poetry cluster: Relationships
    Great to find someone else doing Kindertransport! Do you have any predictions for the exam?

Novel: OMAM
    Play: Kindertransport
    Poetry: Conflict

ReputationRep:
    I am actually crying I need an A* my coursework was 37/40 so I think that that is probably an a* but I have no idea what to write about for the crucible. Does anyone have any predictions for which theme will come up because I would prefer to do that question because when reading the examiner reports they said that the character ones were done poorly and no one had unique interpretations.
    Argh freaking out!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JoshuaE)
    ✱GCSE English Literature 2016 - Unit 1 and 2✱

Hey! The purpose of this thread is to be a directory for all things AQA English Lit. General discussion, revision help and the elusive predictions are all welcome.
    Dates:
    • 23rd May 2016 - Unit 1 (Exploring modern texts)
    • 27th May 2016 - Unit 2 (Poetry across time) OR Unit 4
    Resources*If you find any useful resources message me and I'll put them in*

To help introduce yourself fill the form below:
    • What novel, play and poetry cluster are you studying?
    • How are you preparing for the exam - do you feel confident for it?
    • Do you have any predictions for certain characters/themes?
    21/05/2016: Unit 1 predictions
    These are predictions of themes/characters that the majority believe may be tested this year - take them seriously but revise other areas of your play/novel
    You may notice some are more detailed than others. The predictions below are what has been said on this thread for the past month or so, the more popular texts have more responses.
    • Of Mice and Men: shooting of Candy's dog (Carlson), Curley, American dream, Masculinity
    • Purple Hibiscus: violence
    • The crucible: Elizabeth Proctor, Rebecca Nurse
    • An Inspector calls: The Inspector, Sheila/Eric, Gerald, Young and Old
    • Lord of Flies: no responses found
    • Sunlight on the grass: ^
    • To kill a mocking bird: Aticus, attitudes to Maycomb
    of mice and men and dna

ReputationRep:
    novel: Of mice & men
    paly: DNA
    poem: Conflict

ReputationRep:
    Hey could anyone please please please post good key quotes for Curley??? Xxx with analysis would be GREAT xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    If I got 27/40 in coursework is it possible for me to get an A or A*?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    If any of you do GCSE Edexcel B Geography then come and join the thread at
    GCSE Edexcel B Geography - Unit 1 - Tuesday 24th May 2016 Only 3 days to go! Good luck everyone!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blueribbons99)
    When's the last time she came up? My gut feeling is that it'll be gerald

Posted from TSR Mobile
    She came up in Jan 2013, so probably not her. Most likely to be Sheila as she hasn't come up for the longest or maybe Gerald. Really hope it's sheila cos i've only revised for her whoops

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Speedbird129)
    If any of you do GCSE Edexcel B Geography then come and join the thread at
    GCSE Edexcel B Geography - Unit 1 - Tuesday 24th May 2016 Only 3 days to go! Good luck everyone!
    Can you post the link please!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tiara006)
    I'm doing Kindertransport & what do you mean by abyss and villains? That's the questions could be about those things?
    One of the questions could be about the abyss being mentioned throughout the play and another suggestion could be about who is a villain in the play e.g ratcatcher

ReputationRep:
    im studying of mice and men, inspector calls and conflict poems, anyone know which themes will come up for of mice and men and incpectoe calls and anyone have any idea which poems will come up for the conflict cluster??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by s_ovo)
    Hi there, I'm doing KIndertransport and omam tomorrow im not that confident with kindertransport but ive seen some suggestions that people have said may come up such as the abyss and villains x
    Abyss?? Please explain to me xD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gingerbread101)
    I did Of Mice and Men and Touching the Void, and the Relationships cluster for poetry :yep:
    do you have any ideas about what possible questions could come up for touching the void this year and what do you think are the main quotes to keep in mind for it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by srmed)
    Can you post the link please!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Here it is!

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=4103819

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone do 'The Crucible'? If so, any predictions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 123moon)
    Does anyone do 'The Crucible'? If so, any predictions.
    I do 🙋🏻. My teacher thinks it will be Danforth. I really hope it is because I have been revising him

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    For the poetry relationship cluster I think it may be 'To His Coy Mistress', 'Hour' or 'Harmonium'. They haven't come up before (or in a while)

ReputationRep:
    What novel, play and poetry cluster are you studying? OMAM and AIC. Relationships for Poetry.
    How are you preparing for the exam - do you feel confident for it? Mainly by learning quotes to save time in the exam. Relatively confident as long as some of the less important characters don't come up. (Edna etc)
    Do you have any predictions for certain characters/themes? OMAM - Extract on Curleys appearance. Masculinity on the ranch. AIC - Sheila/ Gerald and Tension through the the play.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hafsahkhan99)
    I do 🙋🏻. My teacher thinks it will be Danforth. I really hope it is because I have been revising him.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Omg! I've finally found someone Thank you! I thought that it might be him he hasn't come up before has he?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JoshuaE)
    ✱GCSE English Literature 2016 - Unit 1 and 2✱

Hey! The purpose of this thread is to be a directory for all things AQA English Lit. General discussion, revision help and the elusive predictions are all welcome.
    Dates:
    • 23rd May 2016 - Unit 1 (Exploring modern texts)
    • 27th May 2016 - Unit 2 (Poetry across time) OR Unit 4
    Resources*If you find any useful resources message me and I'll put them in*

To help introduce yourself fill the form below:
    • What novel, play and poetry cluster are you studying?
    • How are you preparing for the exam - do you feel confident for it?
    • Do you have any predictions for certain characters/themes?
    21/05/2016: Unit 1 predictions
    These are predictions of themes/characters that the majority believe may be tested this year - take them seriously but revise other areas of your play/novel
    You may notice some are more detailed than others. The predictions below are what has been said on this thread for the past month or so, the more popular texts have more responses.
    • Of Mice and Men: shooting of Candy's dog (Carlson), Curley, American dream, Masculinity
    • Purple Hibiscus: violence
    • The crucible: Elizabeth Proctor, Rebecca Nurse
    • An Inspector calls: The Inspector, Sheila/Eric, Gerald, Young and Old
    • Lord of Flies: no responses found
    • Sunlight on the grass: ^
    • To kill a mocking bird: Aticus, attitudes to Maycomb
    For Sunlight on the Grass I'd predict two of these potential three: 'On Seeing the 100% Perfect Girl One Beautiful April Morning', 'Something Old, Something New' and 'My Polish Teacher's Tie'.

Lord of the Flies: People are predicting there'll be emphasis of some sort on the character of Simon.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.