Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by surina16)
    does anyone have any ideas on what extract might come up for OMAM?
    I reckon:
    -the ending scene
    - Candy's dog's death
    - Curley's hand crushed

I can't think of anything else it would be

ReputationRep:
    anyone have any clue about Lord of the Flies predicted question?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone got any Women in Black predictions?

(Original post by surina16)
    does anyone have any ideas on what extract might come up for OMAM?
    No clue, but the extract part usually has some obvious things to analyse, so I wouldn't worry about it!

My friend's convinced that it's going to be that passage with Aunt Clara and the giant rabbit, and then the part B question will be Lennie and the American Dream. I really hope it isn't that.

If the question's on masculinity as the original post suggests, then I'd guess it would be the first meeting with Curley or when his hand is crushed?

Perhaps the shooting of Candy's dog could be the extract, with themes of loneliness or relationships as part B?

But of course, it could be anything!

ReputationRep:
    For the Crucible I think that Danforth or Elizabeth are likely to come up
    FOR OMAM Curley, candy or carlson

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ananomous)
    For the Crucible I think that Danforth or Elizabeth are likely to come up
    FOR OMAM Curley, candy or carlson
    thhyt

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone else has predictions on The crucible?

ReputationRep:
    thyyyyyyyhhhhhhhhaaat

ReputationRep:
    If Masculinity came up for OMAM what points would you make??

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, tommorrow i have AQA Romeo and Juliet Literature, do you guys have any predictions on what might come up?

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone good any advice on how to set out your answer to extract question in OMAN? As in is there a certain layout you can follow (eg PEE) because my teacher hasn't really helped us in that sense.

ReputationRep:
    Need help with Lord of the Flies!! Please! What question do you think the paper will have this year?

ReputationRep:
    Guys just make sure you revise the main characters so if a weird theme comes up, you can always put something together I want this to be over now aaah

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ella_08)
    I reckon:
    -the ending scene
    - Candy's dog's death
    - Curley's hand crushed

I can't think of anything else it would be
    ah okay thank you I'll get to analysing these scenes

(Original post by 11ahf)
    No clue, but the extract part usually has some obvious things to analyse, so I wouldn't worry about it!

My friend's convinced that it's going to be that passage with Aunt Clara and the giant rabbit, and then the part B question will be Lennie and the American Dream. I really hope it isn't that.

If the question's on masculinity as the original post suggests, then I'd guess it would be the first meeting with Curley or when his hand is crushed?

Perhaps the shooting of Candy's dog could be the extract, with themes of loneliness or relationships as part B?

But of course, it could be anything!
    oh dear, if your friend's predictions were true I'd literally give up right there and focus all my time on AIC
    I'm hoping for the scene where his hand is crushed tbh but not masculinity for the main theme Brutality on the ranch was SO GOOD for last year's y11 :cry:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eleanorking)
    Has anyone good any advice on how to set out your answer to extract question in OMAN? As in is there a certain layout you can follow (eg PEE) because my teacher hasn't really helped us in that sense.
    Yeah it's PEE. Only talk about language in extract, not context

ReputationRep:
    Anyone has crucible revision resources idk where to start

ReputationRep:
    I don't know about OMAM but I'm doing AIC and i think there could be a question of Gerald and Sheila's relationship, Eric, Edna or the inspector if we're lucky...x

Is anyone doing Purple Hibiscus as their novel???

ReputationRep:
    Anyone can give me 2/3 quotes for each characters and analsysis with key words in the quotation? For inspector calls/ Omam.

Just did one character and I'm struggling atm

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JoshuaE)
    ✱GCSE English Literature 2016 - Unit 1 and 2✱

Hey! The purpose of this thread is to be a directory for all things AQA English Lit. General discussion, revision help and the elusive predictions are all welcome.
    Dates:
    • 23rd May 2016 - Unit 1 (Exploring modern texts)
    • 27th May 2016 - Unit 2 (Poetry across time) OR Unit 4
    Resources*If you find any useful resources message me and I'll put them in*

To help introduce yourself fill the form below:
    • What novel, play and poetry cluster are you studying?
    • How are you preparing for the exam - do you feel confident for it?
    • Do you have any predictions for certain characters/themes?
    21/05/2016: Unit 1 predictions
    These are predictions of themes/characters that the majority believe may be tested this year - take them seriously but revise other areas of your play/novel
    You may notice some are more detailed than others. The predictions below are what has been said on this thread for the past month or so, the more popular texts have more responses.
    • Of Mice and Men: shooting of Candy's dog (Carlson), Curley, American dream, Masculinity
    • Purple Hibiscus: violence
    • The crucible: Elizabeth Proctor, Rebecca Nurse
    • An Inspector calls: The Inspector, Sheila/Eric, Gerald, Young and Old
    • Lord of Flies: no responses found
    • Sunlight on the grass: ^
    • To kill a mocking bird: Aticus, attitudes to Maycomb
    what could the questions for crucible be on rebecca nurse cos i swear she does hardly anything?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tashaaparsons)
    anyone have any clue about Lord of the Flies predicted question?
    I'm not doing Lord of the flies, but my friends are convinced that it's going to be a question on setting or the beast.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pink.lemonade)
    If Masculinity came up for OMAM what points would you make??
    I honestly hope it doesn't, because there are questions where there's so much more to say.
    Probably:
    - High heeled boots - how Curley wears them and Slim doesn't need to.
    - How Slim is presented as the ultimate figure in masculinity and respected so much as a result - every major decision made in the book has Slim's advice, his hands are described as 'Godlike', etc.
    - Curley's insecurities about being small and as a result picking fights with bigger men. As being tall is generally perceived as more masculine, it could show how much masculinity matters to him as he gets into fights just to prove he's better than them.
    - Not sure, but possibly their obsession with the brothel?

(Original post by Eleanorking)
    Saw someone post something really great in another board, but can no longer find the thread. The gist was:
    Point
    Evidence
    Explain
    Effect on the reader
    Alternate interpretation
    Link to context
    Link to original question

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.