Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by the pro)
    Was it in AQA? Basically my teacher predicted the ending could up too and she was saying it hasn't come up.
    yep, it was AQA

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tomdoughty99)
    so with the mice and men section we are only given an extract not the actual whole book to find quotes
    for part a we have to analyse an extract , and for part b we're given a clean copy of mice and men

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Tiara006;65045509]That would be a good question! Great, thanks[/QUOT

Another question could be how is the play presented as a psychological drama

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shiba_Inu)
    yep, it was AQA
    Awww

ReputationRep:
    so with the mice and men section we are only given an extract not the actual whole book to find quotes
    Nope we get a book aswell

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have predictions for 'Of Mice and Men' and 'Lord of the Flies'; the harder ones?

ReputationRep:
    for part a we have to analyse an extract , and for part b we're given a clean copy of mice and men
    oh I didn't know that. I'm basically crying right now. it's not the task it's because I spend a lot of time analysing and my timing is so bad. 22 mins 30 secs to answer each bit in that much detail is so impossible.

ReputationRep:
    oh I didn't know that. I'm basically crying right now. it's not the task it's because I spend a lot of time analysing and my timing is so bad. 22 mins 30 secs to answer each bit in that much detail is so impossible.
    I'd recommend analysing at least 2 quotes in lots of detail for part a and 2 points in part b - i normally do this for every english lit question and I've got A and A*s in my mocks hopefully thats useful!

ReputationRep:
    How many paragraphs should you do combined on question a and b , in any question for english lit unit 1 ?
    my teacher says you should do at least 6 paragraphs to get an A-A*
    and she is an examiner

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jemima Gray)
    my teacher says you should do at least 6 paragraphs to get an A-A*
    and she is an examiner
    So three on each part?!!!!

ReputationRep:
    oh ok that's great. so a person suggested using pedal - point evidence device analyse link on this forum. I normally use PEE but I think this is better. so if I do this twice for each part I should be good. I have printed off last years unit 1 exam paper I'm going to try that now timed and see how it goes.

thanks

ReputationRep:
    So three on each part?!!!!
    yeah, 3 on A, three on B.
    and for the play question (I'm doing AIC) she says you should do at least 2 and a half pages to get an A-A*.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jemima Gray)
    yeah, 3 on A, three on B.
    and for the play question (I'm doing AIC) she says you should do at least 2 and a half pages to get an A-A*.
    okay then , i'll just see how much i have left to try and do 3 paragraphs each if not i'll do 2 in-depth paragraphs .

ReputationRep:
    so what can you say about how Sheila and Eric change throughout the play?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lawliet-L)
    Someone else also studying Kindertransport! I hate English Lit with a passion so I haven't started revising for it properly. We've just read the play pretty much. I actually don't how to revise for it.
    I'm doing it too. there are some really great notes on it if you google kindertransport tower notes
    you only get the beginning of the play analysed but its really great

ReputationRep:
    Hey! I'm studying the novel Of Mice and Men, the play An Inspector Calls and the relationships cluster.

For the OMAM section in the exam tomorrow I feel as if it could be about animal imagery and how Steinbeck reflects society's values through the various animals in the rest of the novel. For example, Candy's dog was shot due to it being old and useless. For AIC I was thinking maybe a question on the character of Sheila

I revise by doing mindmaps and watching videos on GCSEPod and then making notes from those videos. For poetry I suggest creating mindmaps as you can visualize it during exams.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hello8888)
    so what can you say about how Sheila and Eric change throughout the play?
    Sheila is pretty much the best character to write about in terms of how her views change throughout the play. At the start she is a common Woman in the 1990's. After the Inspector comes, she takes from his views and begins to speak like him.
    Just write about how the Inspector changes her views about society.

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone doing The Woman In Black?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nottoblameok)
    Is anyone doing The Woman In Black?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=4099957

There's a thread over here!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.