Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Any predictions for woman in black and mice and men

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tea2345)
    Hey ! If the Putnams do come up tomorrow this would actually be quite a good question as you could fully explain the idea of how power was abused in Salem to achieve personal motives, and how the hysteria allowed people to finally avenge these vengeances and express hatred and bitterness because they are doing so under the disguise of supposed Christianity.

I can analyse a few key quotes if you would like?

Good luck tomorrow x
    Omg yes please!! Thank you so much xx

ReputationRep:
    I've been told it's 45 mins for section A and then 45 mins for section B and they are worth the same amount of marks. Am I wrong?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by erodedsoul)
    I've been told it's 45 mins for section A and then 45 mins for section B and they are worth the same amount of marks. Am I wrong?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    no, that's right

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MeganMcAlister)
    I'm on the exact same boat as you but I'm doing Of Mice and Men instead of tkam haha. Cliffnotes is also a good website for revision, and yeah you'll definitely get by if you're getting As without revision, plus any controlled assessments that you've completed will bring up your grade too
    thanks I'll have a look at it, good luck to you too! and I wish but I'm pretty sure I messed up my ca...shakespeare doesn't bode well with me lol oh well

ReputationRep:
    I don't think Rebecca nurse will come up because she was in the 2014 exam

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rachie_22)
    Tips for the crucible please?
    What crucible?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by erodedsoul)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You're right don't worry

ReputationRep:
    Anyone help me what would you write about an essay on Mrs birling???

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    yo marigler i know ur gna see this g

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ems.becca)
    I don't think Rebecca nurse will come up because she was in the 2014 exam
    I'm looking at past papers and you're completely right, I have a gut feeling it'll either be on the Putnams or the judges

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by s_ovo)
    hi there anyone wanna help me with how to structure the essay preferable how to do one for kindertransport or of mice and men
    For OMAM, I recommend doing part a and part b separately as it is easier and less confusing
    Part A - intro, 3-4 paragraphs and conclusion
    Part B - intro, 3-4 paragraphs and conclusion

Choose quotes from the beginning, middle and end from the extract as this shows you've understood the whole extract. Similarly, for part B, use quotes from the beginning, middle and end as it, again, shows the examiner that you know the novel and understand it.

ReputationRep:
    Lord I've got 3 hours to memorise everything now. :bawling:

ReputationRep:
    Abigail came up in 2011 I think, I'm praying that Danforth or any of the judges don't come up
    Shoot, and I've been revising Abigail for the past four days :colonhash:
    I don't know who half of the other characters are; if someone like Hathorne comes up I'm gone

ReputationRep:
    Omg yes please!! Thank you so much xx
    Haha your'e welcome, I feel like this is the best way for me to revise so I don't mind (I have a tendency to ramble so I'm sorry in advance lol)

1) "I am one of nine sons; the Putnam seed have peopled this province. And yet I have but one child left of eight" I think this is perhaps the most useful quote in analysing (some of) the reasons for the Putnam's frequent accusations of others during the witch trials and is very cleverly used by Miller to explore the idea that perhaps the Devil's work is not supernatural, but instead motivated by greedy and self centred 'Christians' in Salem. The quote itself suggests that due to the Putnam's status and societal position, they expect everything to follow suit, and because it hasn't, the only thing they can think to do is blame others (namely Rebecca Nurse) as they will not accept responsibility themselves.

2) "It was Putnam who signed the first complaint against Rebecca" [this quote is from the writer's notes which you are allowed to analyse!- obviously theres not much close lang analysis but...] It's hugely significant that the Putnam's feel like they have the authority to challenge Rebecca when her almost Godly status is considered. It suggests that the hysteria gave people more confidence to express what they had previously hidden and also completely messed up the social hierachy- Rebecca goes from being admired to resented and Abigail and the girls use religion as a weapon of manipulation and go right to the top of society to the point where "the voice of Heaven is speaking through" them and therefore they are completely respected as no one will dare to criticise the court in fear of being associated with the Devil.

Hope this helps! I wrote some more stuff about Puritanism and Reputation earlier on in the thread (page 27 ish) if you are interested

good luck !! xxx

ReputationRep:
    You're right don't worry
    I'm so lost with section B.... Aren't both parts of Section B like full on essays!? That's like writing my Crucible essay from Section A but x2, and in the same amount of time as well.

ReputationRep:
    I do To Kill a Mockingbird aswell. Any predictions on what the questions are going to be on for the exam tomorrow?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Purple hibiscus and dna predictions anyone,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anygy)
    Shoot, and I've been revising Abigail for the past four days :colonhash:
    I don't know who half of the other characters are; if someone like Hathorne comes up I'm gone
    It would literally be a gift from God if Abigail came up but I can't see it happening Definitely revise the Putnams though because I don't think anythings been asked on them before (well, recently anyway)

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to have a 10/10 strength espresso

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.