Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Romana007)
    For AQA, its 27 for a C, 35 for a B, 43 for an A and thats OMAM and AIC added together
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    Nope it's 30 for a C and 37 for a B and 45 for an A last year for AQA

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anygy)
    Wait you were suppose to compare? Oh FML Thank you so much AQA i thought you were better than Edexcel but clearly you are as bad as each other
    Not sure if you had to compare. Maybe you just had to analyse two characters.
    But I didn't do any of that anyways, I literally wrote ''Act one ends with Abigail and the final act ends with Elizabeth so this shows their contrasting personalities'' and that was IT [/QUOTE]

Right okay… Phew i said basically the same thing as you and that "Elizabeth is like an angel and that Abigail is like a snake" (tempting) etc. is that right? idk... Let's just hope for the best.

ReputationRep:
    sister maude came up last year?

ReputationRep:
    What are your'e predictions for paper two on conflict?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PerksOfBeingMe_)
    is anyone doing Woman in Black?
    for OMAM I'm preetyy sure I failed I wrote 2 pages and a quarter but mainly I was just annotating the text I wrote one paragraph for the second bit.
    is it possible to still get an A if I got like a C In this paper but in paper 2 got a grade B and my control assessment was grade A?
    Also does anyone know how much 25% of English lit control assessment is worth in marks?
    thanks.
    My controlled assessment was the poetry one and it was 40 marks

ReputationRep:
    Anyone have any predictions for the AQA Relationships poetry exam 2016 ??

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone do an inspector calls and of mice and men and if so which question did you chose from an inspector calls and what did you wrote about it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lujanrosales)
    Did anyone do an inspector calls and of mice and men and if so which question did you chose from an inspector calls and what did you wrote about it?
    I choose the conflict question for inspector calls! I wrote about conflicts in class, conflicts in opinion, the conflict of rights and the fact that Birling is blaming Eva (she had 'far too much to say) yet she doesn't have a voice to conflict back

ReputationRep:
    What did everyone write for the WJEC unseen poetry ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Pretty much accurate for my English Literature exam that I had today. For "An Inspector Calls" there was 2 questions, the one I chose was about the change in Sheila and Gerald's relationship and Of Mice and Men was about Lennies build up to death (extract) and then about the American Dream shown through different characters.
    Do you know what is predicted to come up in the English Literature conflict poetry on Friday?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lujanrosales)
    Me
    Sheila and Gerald: went on about this for way too long, appears to be good, stage directions such as where they are seated, how the inspector removes the 'rose tinted glasses' and reveals their issues, staring at the ring, giving ring back blah blah blah
    OMAM: terrible, spent too long on AIC. For the extract I made 3 points - light imagery, the irony of lennie saying "Go on", the footsteps/sounds the people were making getting louder. And then I had like 5 mins for section b so I wrote like 1 tiny paragraph on Candy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by s_ovo)
    From this tiny thread:

(Original post by teacher's pet)
    2015 - Manhunt - damaged relationships
    OR Sister Maude - issues of trust

2014 - Ghazal - use of form and structure to present ideas
    OR The Farmer's Bride - effect of endings

2013 - Sonnet 116 - ideas about love
    OR Born Yesterday - hopes and wishes

Jan13- Hour - ideas about time
    OR The Farmer's Bride - hopes and wishes

2012 - Quickdraw - strong feelings about another person
    OR Praise Song for My Mother - language to present relationships

Poems that haven't come up:

In Paris with You, Brothers, Harmonium, Sonnet 43, To His Coy Mistress, Nettles, Born Yesterday.
    I seem to remember that only IPWY, THCM, and Brothers are the only three that haven't shown up at all (including pre-2012), - I think the others listed might be ones that showed on mocks/redo papers/specimen papers. I think it's safe to assume The Farmer's Bride won't be up there for the third time (and I hate it so I'm very thankful), and I'm personally hoping we get a question on In Paris With You because that's the only one I can actually remember notes on.

ReputationRep:
    For OMAM b I did about how the title foreshadows failure of the dreams of the characters due to it being based on Robert's poem about the field mouse etc etc and backed it up with crooks viewpoint and what he says to Lennie then I did a really long para on how dreams at the time were often forgotten about and people gave up due to the depression caused by the Wall Street crash and how this is shown through Curley wanting to be a boxer and is now only known as 'the boss' son' and about how you see he's still holding on to boxing dream by violence and how he feels insecure about losing the dream and so wants to dominate and distinguish himself from the other workers through 'High heeled boots' and how this alternatively reflects how he wouldn't have achieved the boxing dream anyway due to height further proven by 'thin young man' etc etc. Only did these 2 paras for part b...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi All

I did OMAM and for Part B, I close George and Lennie and Crooks

I said George and Lennie won't reach their dream due to the Dust Bowl, high competition between migrant workers and Lennie's disability

For Crooks I said he just wants to be friends, but because of racism he gets constant threats and can't talk to others. He is also injured and people with disabilities were treated unfairly

ReputationRep:
    DO YOU AGREE?

I don't understand how someone with a poor standard of English can be able enough to articulate their ideas by way of an essay; isn't that just too much? People who have a terrible writing style can't get an A*, surely?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jamie Vardy)
    DO YOU AGREE?

I don't understand how someone with a poor standard of English can be able enough to articulate their ideas by way of an essay; isn't that just too much? People who have a terrible writing style can't get an A*, surely?
    If by 'terrible' you mean 'incomprehensible', then sure. But I think it also boils down to how little time we're given - I can be wonderfully articulate when I don't want to light my hand on fire due to how cramped it is.

Maybe if we were given longer it'd be less of 'how much can you spit out that sounds vaguely right but isn't filled with great vocab' and more of an actual essay.

ReputationRep:
    I'm glad no more English Literature after poetry

ReputationRep:
    38 a C? That's a lie it can't be that's more that half that would be a B

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by s_ovo)
    I feel like in Paris with you is coming up because there is a lot to talk about

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AKDbbb)
    i

WROTE THE SAME EXACT THING 😂😂😂 many people in my school wrote that
    Ah great! All my friends were writing about the hills and the fact it was in a valley, showing shadows and darkness and stuff and I panicked!😂

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.