Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    does anyone have any predictions for the relationships cluster? hate poetry...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anygy)
    I picked the first question, and messed up. It asked for two women, but I misread and only analysed one.... ugh... Wonder how many marks I'll lose. That being said, I did go into quite a lot of detail with Abigail, so I'm hoping I'll still get SOME.

You should be fine. My friend analysed three but as long as you've got detailed, strong points with good interpretations you should be fine

ReputationRep:
    if anybody did The Woman In Black, what did you write for the supernatural question?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by surina16)
    Me
    Sheila and Gerald: went on about this for way too long, appears to be good, stage directions such as where they are seated, how the inspector removes the 'rose tinted glasses' and reveals their issues, staring at the ring, giving ring back blah blah blah
    OMAM: terrible, spent too long on AIC. For the extract I made 3 points - light imagery, the irony of lennie saying "Go on", the footsteps/sounds the people were making getting louder. And then I had like 5 mins for section b so I wrote like 1 tiny paragraph on Candy
    I did the same, I done like 2 paragraphs...one on george&lennie and one on candy and I didn't even use quotations in the candy one do you reckon it will affect the grade a lot?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GCSElyfe)
    Well that was awful:/
    i feel you

ReputationRep:
    To cut a long story short- the questions for WIB and TKAM were EASY! Unfortunately, I appeared to forget what a PEEL structure was, and I just wrote a bunch of gibberish. Thankfully...

everyone in my school seemed to forget how to write a PEEL structure.

Anyone else in the same boat as me and a bunch of my schoolmates?

ReputationRep:
    Omg im screwed because i just talked aboyt the old vs the young generation and how some characters change and some dont and then i analyzed mr birling and how he doesnt change throut the play and then sheila how she changes but the in the end i didnt write how theres conflict because of different opinions i forgot so basically i jist talked about how some change and how amd some dont im gonna get 0 marks omg

ReputationRep:
    guys im so scared

I'm predicted an A/A* from my school but today when I sat my exam I literally panicked and my time management was completely bad And I forgot to write a conclusion

Idk whether I can achieve an A if I didn't finish my work (I took the aqa paper today)

I want to do Eng Lit for A levels as well, do you think I can achieve an A (I got band 5 in my controlled assessment and I still have the poetry cluster exam left)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lujanrosales)
    Omg im screwed because i just talked aboyt the old vs the young generation and how some characters change and some dont and then i analyzed mr birling and how he doesnt change throut the play and then sheila how she changes but the in the end i didnt write how theres conflict because of different opinions i forgot so basically i jist talked about how some change and how amd some dont im gonna get 0 marks omg
    You won't get 0 marks, even if it felt like you didn't address the question as well as you would have liked. I'm sure you managed to pick out relevant quotes, show you can analyse them, perhaps linked to priestleys ideas? This will get you marks, plus good spag earns you marks. Then remember that you get marks for omam, marks for poetry, marks for controlled assessment.. I think you get the idea haha! Just don't worry, you haven't failed this GCSE, and you'll never know what you got until results day hope I helped, I know what it's like to feel bad after an exam

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sabrina235)
    guys im so scared

I'm predicted an A/A* from my school but today when I sat my exam I literally panicked and my time management was completely bad And I forgot to write a conclusion

Idk whether I can achieve an A if I didn't finish my work (I took the aqa paper today)

I want to do Eng Lit for A levels as well, do you think I can achieve an A (I got band 5 in my controlled assessment and I still have the poetry cluster exam left)
    I'm exactly the same aha, I don't think it matters if you forget to conclude as long as the quality of your writing is good

ReputationRep:
    guys im so scared

A conclusion isn't even necessary tbh it just ties things up; if ur last sentence seem good enough to finish u will definitely be fine if not u will still be fine so don't worry I didn't conclude and my teacher tells us not too

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Evryone who is reading this...how did you find the omam and aic?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leopard923)
    A conclusion isn't even necessary tbh it just ties things up; if ur last sentence seem good enough to finish u will definitely be fine if not u will still be fine so don't worry I didn't conclude and my teacher tells us not too

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm just really scared because this is the topic im doing for my a levels, I feel like I let myself down for this exam because of my time management. Thank you for the reply!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 11ahf)
    I wrote 8, four for Woman in Black, four for OMAM.

I'm so unsure of how I did in OMAM, I wrote very different things to a lot of other people. I wrote about how the voices created a crescendo to Lennie's death and how the men being "much" closer showed how the time was quickly running out for George and how he wished he had more time. I also wrote about how "crashing" illustrated the crashing of George and Lennie's dream and suggested carelessness and it all happening very fast and other bull... I also wrote about Curley's wife and Slim for part B! Did anyone else do the same?
    I wrote about curleys wife and george

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    guys im so scared

Of course you can! I never really wrote a 'conclusion' and this did not lose me marks in my mocks. This exam probably didn't go as badly as you think.. let's say you got a B, you could 100% still get an A overall with a decent poetry exam. Good luck, my advice is now to look ahead to where you can still improve and not worry about the past

ReputationRep:
    I'm just really scared because this is the topic im doing for my a levels, I feel like I let myself down for this exam because of my time management. Thank you for the reply!
    Ur welcome ! I think most struggled with time management and examiners probably see it a lot good luck with the rest of your exams !

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Also I wrote completely ******** for part (a), like i linked the luger pistol with the american dream and how it's a metaphor for the american dream being a myth idk im just scared because I waffled throughout my paper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jet1234)
    I found it ok how did u ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Do examiners mark section A and B together? (e.g. AIC and OMAM)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jet1234)
    don't do omam, was thankfully not too stuck for aic but felt like I definitely waffled on too much... what about you?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 25, 2017

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.