Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    i did omam and aic, aic was complicated - i did the 'conflict' question and then george and lennie's dream as well as curley's wife dream

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 11ahf)
    I wrote 8, four for Woman in Black, four for OMAM.

I'm so unsure of how I did in OMAM, I wrote very different things to a lot of other people. I wrote about how the voices created a crescendo to Lennie's death and how the men being "much" closer showed how the time was quickly running out for George and how he wished he had more time. I also wrote about how "crashing" illustrated the crashing of George and Lennie's dream and suggested carelessness and it all happening very fast and other bull... I also wrote about Curley's wife and Slim for part B! Did anyone else do the same?
    Haha I did the time thing as well. But I also wrote about how the seasonal imagery refers to their dreams and hopes and the darkness of the (forgot name lol) refers to their fate, so their dreams will always be covered by darkness. And then I wrote how 'no more trouble' is a metaphor for Lennie etc haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AKDbbb)
    But isnt that two women that they were asking for ? Im guessing u have answered it correctly
    Yeah but i think it asked for how women were presented as a whole! Idk I'm just worried now haha, there's not much I can do about it now though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MeganMcAlister)
    Yeah but i think it asked for how women were presented as a whole! Idk I'm just worried now haha, there's not much I can do about it now though
    Gosh exams are a pain 😂

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sabrina235)
    guys im so scared

I'm predicted an A/A* from my school but today when I sat my exam I literally panicked and my time management was completely bad And I forgot to write a conclusion

Idk whether I can achieve an A if I didn't finish my work (I took the aqa paper today)

I want to do Eng Lit for A levels as well, do you think I can achieve an A (I got band 5 in my controlled assessment and I still have the poetry cluster exam left)
    My teacher told us to not worry too much about conclusions so I don't think they're marked. You should be fine, just try your best on the poetry exam! Good luck xx

ReputationRep:
    How much did you write for AIC and OMAM? I wrote about 5 sides for AIC but then only about 2 sides OMAM (both questions) and my hand writing it fairly large - especially when I rush. What contextual points did you include for OMAM?

ReputationRep:
    How did you all find the unseen poetry? I literally can't find the 'In Cardigan Market' poem anywhere on the Internet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xy_)
    How much did you write for AIC and OMAM? I wrote about 5 sides for AIC but then only about 2 sides OMAM (both questions) and my hand writing it fairly large - especially when I rush. What contextual points did you include for OMAM?
    well sh*t ahahah, I only wrote about 2 and a half sides for AIC and my handwriting's above average size too. Don't do OMAM sorry

ReputationRep:
    The exam was piss easy i do purple hibiscus and DNA im really suprised they repeated the theme of religion again and i did that for my recent mocks so I was just like yess i got an A* for tht paper aswell

So now poetry which i am hoping ro get an A* in

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hhannah_b)
    You should be fine. My friend analysed three but as long as you've got detailed, strong points with good interpretations you should be fine
    Ahh thank you I sure hope so!!!

ReputationRep:
    Wait, which exams did everyone do today? I had OMAM and unseen poetry today. I have Heroes and AIC on Friday

ReputationRep:
    I found the aic questions horrible, picked the wrong one

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xy_)
    For the OMAM context question I wrote about Candy and Curley's wife, I ran out of time and only wrote 2 paragraphs on Candy and one for Curley's wife though.
    For Candy I wrote about how a worker's status in 1930's America was based on how efficient their work was on the ranch so because he has an injury his status has been taken away from him and now George and Lennie's dream is the only thing he has. I also wrote about how he is already low in the social hierarchy and represents the forgotten generation of elderly people so the only person he can take his anger out is on the dead body of Curley's wife when his dream is destroyed.
    For Curley's wife I wrote that although women were given the vote in 1920's America (thank you gcse history) they still faced discrimination and ill-treatment and the Great Depression resulted in cinema declining in growth so being a woman with a big dream meant that her dream to be in the movies was unattainable xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cameron Mee)
    How did you all find the unseen poetry? I literally can't find the 'In Cardigan Market' poem anywhere on the Internet.
    Which exam board?

ReputationRep:
    I think that I have failed
    BTW what are the chances of me failing is it hard to fail?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xy_)
    For AIC I wrote 3 1/2 pages (handwriting is small), for OMAM part A I wrote 1 1/2 pages and 2 1/2 pages for part B.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Anyone have any ideas what might come up for the Character and Voice cluster? I'm hoping something that goes well with Ozymandias. Love this poem

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AKDbbb)
    Which exam board?
    WJEC

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Undec)
    I think that I have failed
    BTW what are the chances of me failing is it hard to fail?
    I think you've done fine. Failing, as in below a C, would mean you'd have to get under 30 marks which is less than ONE of the essays

ReputationRep:
    hi guys im a year 12 student. how was the exam? What was the questions for of mice and men and an inspector calls? remember doing this last year haha

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.