Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    thought that was good tbh, really liked the crucible question. hoping for full ums, does anyone know what mark was needed for full ums last year? I've already got full marks on my controlled assessment too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the pro)
    guys on the english lit exam i wrote the wrong month do you think anything would happen?
    I highly doubt it, I wouldn't worry, people probably make that mistake every year

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by erodedsoul)
    I highly doubt it, I wouldn't worry, people probably make that mistake every year

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I can't believe i made such a stupid mistake!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Redcoats)
    Almost definitely higher; I have not come across a person who found it difficult.

I predict 57+ out of 68

Chill man, 57 is a bit too much. Max 52 in my opinion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the pro)
    I can't believe i made such a stupid mistake!
    Don't fret, the exams are marked by actual people after all who would most definitely understand and probably wouldn't care.
    My friend accidentally wrote her candidate number in her centre number box and vice versa so :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I did something really stupid, so I left a page half way through thinking that i'd come back to it to finish off my AIC answer, and then started OMAM on the other side. Did I need to write "pto->" or anything because I didn't fill up the space?
    plus I forgot to cross out my plan
    IS ANYTHING BAD GONNA HAPPEN?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by surina16)
    Does anyone remember the exact question for part b on OMAM? Reading what people have written is making me feel that I read the question wrong due to how much of a rush I was in...
    Part (a) was the extract, asking how Steinbeck presents the build up towards Lennie's death
    Part (b) was something along the lines of how dreams are presented (you had to choose one or two characters).

Can't remember it word for word unfortunately.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anygy)
    Don't fret, the exams are marked by actual people after all who would most definitely understand and probably wouldn't care.
    My friend accidentally wrote her candidate number in her centre number box and vice versa so :rolleyes:
    Oh okay thanks !

ReputationRep:
    Guys i've seen many predictions for the poems for the relationships cluster but what about predictions for the actual THEMES you will be asked to comment on

ReputationRep:
    Not sure whether I had the same paper as everyone but the poems...
    my poems was about jobs and the first poem was going on about a woman who works in a fish market (or so I thought) turns out when I asked my English teacher she said it was about a prostitute..
    Anyone got any ideas on what the hell is going on right now?

ReputationRep:
    I thought it was okay - loved "An Inspector Calls" but hated "Of Mice and Men."

ReputationRep:
    I wrote about more than 2 characters for OMAM. Will it matter?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Revision738266)
    The question did specifically say in bold to write about one or two characters. Hopefully it won't matter too much though.

ReputationRep:
    I wrote about crooks dream and then George and lennies together. Will it matter?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I also forgot to cross out my plan. I doubt they care though - you're not going to lose marks for it and the examiners aren't idiots.

Who I really feel for though are the people in my school who answered both of the section A DNA questions - There's a large bit in bold saying "answer question 20 OR question 21" but they still managed to do both

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Revision738266)
    I did too! I wouldn't think they could penalise us for it though? ah idk i sort of did it without thinking

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jem +)
    Part (a) was the extract, asking how Steinbeck presents the build up towards Lennie's death
    Part (b) was something along the lines of "how is society during this time presented to the reader" and then a question about how dreams are presented (you had to choose one or two characters).

Can't remember it word for word unfortunately.

Part (b) Wasnt about society , it was about how dreams are shown in society

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stressed.1)
    Hi guys, I feel like so many people run out of time this year, is it just me? I started my OMAM part B about 10 mins before the end... never seen my handwriting change so much XD
    same!! I spent way too much time on my inspector calls question and then barely had any time for OMAM. I only managed to make two points in my part B and my handwriting was illegible

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by an0n1)
    I did too! I wouldn't think they could penalise us for it though? ah idk i sort of did it without thinking
    Who did you write about?

ReputationRep:
    I don't think you did the same paper as them because we haven't done our poems paper yet

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.