Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tinyshadow0)
    Part (b) Wasnt about society , it was about how dreams are shown in society
    Yeah I remembered society being part of the question, can't remember what it said exactly. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Please can someone tell me they actaully found AQA english lit hard

ReputationRep:
    Please tell me I wasn't the only one that wrote about eric and sheila's relationship instead of gerald and sheila's relationship by accident in an inspector calls....

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone do Sunlight on the grass ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    For part B i basically said that the American dream cannot be achieved to the extent that they wanted, but it can be achieved to a certain degree, but the society was too hopeful and aimed too high. I supported it by saying about Slim and George right at the end of the novel? Im not sure if its valid or if a actually answered the question.

ReputationRep:
    just a question, what would happen if you spoke about one character in the crucible question rather than two?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarahrose123)
    Please tell me I wasn't the only one that wrote about eric and sheila's relationship instead of gerald and sheila's relationship by accident in an inspector calls....
    Oh honey.....sorry but you sound a bit screwed. Hopefully you'll get marks for some of the bits you wrote about Sheila....just none for comparison.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pepsi Cola :))
    Hi guys do you think the grade boundaries for this exam will be higher or lower than last year's (53/68 = A*, 45/68 = A etc)? A lot of people are either saying that they found it great, whereas others are saying it went pretty badly - there seems to be 2 extremes!
    I think it's going to be lower for some reason. I think that it went well but most of the people in my year didn't even finish it and everyone said they found it iffy.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Repost from what I said in another thread):

Section A: An Inspector Calls

Spent ages deciding what question to do. Ended up picking the conflict question. Most people in my year did the Gerald and Sheila question.
    I spoke about conflict between Inspector and Birling, Eric and Birling, and Sheila and Mrs B. My main argument was that the conflict between the family was presented as a means of emphasising the contrast between the old and new generation. I wanted to say so much more (especially the conflict between Birling's and the Inspector's ideologies) but I didn't want to cut into my Section B time. Gutted.

Section B: Of Mice And Men

Absolutely loved the extract. It was predicted to come up (we went over the exact extract in class). Both parts went smoothly, although I do feel I waffled a bit. For the dreams question I spoke about Candy (with a bit of George). Wanted to squeeze Crooks in but I was running out of time.

I'm not too sure what I got, hoping for an A* but as it's English, there is the small chance it could go extremely wrong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jem +)
    (Repost from what I said in another thread):

Section A: An Inspector Calls

Spent ages deciding what question to do. Ended up picking the conflict question. Most people in my year did the Gerald and Sheila question.
    I spoke about conflict between Inspector and Birling, Eric and Birling, and Sheila and Mrs B. My main argument was that the conflict between the family was presented as a means of emphasising the contrast between the old and new generation. I wanted to say so much more (especially the conflict between Birling's and the Inspector's ideologies) but I didn't want to cut into my Section B time. Gutted.

Section B: Of Mice And Men

Absolutely loved the extract. It was predicted to come up (we went over the exact extract in class). Both parts went smoothly, although I do feel I waffled a bit. For the dreams question I spoke about Candy (with a bit of George). Wanted to squeeze Crooks in but I was running out of time.

I'm not too sure what I got, hoping for an A* but as it's English, there is the small chance it could go extremely wrong.
    I did the same question for you for AIC and I talked about how Mr Birling talks about how the war won't happen before the Inspector arrives and I talked about the conflict between the younger and older generation and for the last paragraph I talked about the 'fire,blood and anguish' thing in the Inspectors last speech. Do you think those are good points or nah?

ReputationRep:
    predictions for conflict section poems?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rmg3000)
    I did the same question for you for AIC and I talked about how Mr Birling talks about how the war won't happen before the Inspector arrives and I talked about the conflict between the younger and older generation and for the last paragraph I talked about the 'fire,blood and anguish' thing in the Inspectors last speech. Do you think those are good points or nah?
    Definitely good points.
    The Inspector's final speech was something I really wanted to talk about, but as I said, I was running out of time. If I started writing about it, it would have cut into my OMAM time (which wouldn't have been a good idea as they are worth the same amount of marks).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MR.ANONYMOUS 786)
    Did anyone do Sunlight on the grass ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I did

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Revision738266)
    I did
    How did it go ? Did you do the 100% perfect girl question ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I did the conflict question in AIC but structured it like a theme question. Doing one paragraph on gender conflict, one about age conflict and one about class conflict, using examples for each and putting in the context of the time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by taylorbr11)
    Hi ya, the question stated that you could either talk about one or more characters. As long as if you showed close language analysis that linked to the question, then you should be fine. As well as linking the extract, I also integrated quotes to represent how they linked to society, and how Steinbeck demonstrates this throughout the novella. Don't be concerned, you'll be fine. The grade boundaries will hopefully be generous.
    Wahhhh!? I wrote about george was that not right? I thought it meant one other than lennie!?

ReputationRep:
    What did people write for how Lennie's death was built up?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MR.ANONYMOUS 786)
    How did it go ? Did you do the 100% perfect girl question ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I did my polish teachers tie.

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I did question 17 for AIC where it asks you to talk about how Sheila and Gerald's relationship changes. I talked about how at the start she is all happy when Gerald buys her that ring which shows that she's materialistic? I also spoke about how Sheila says to Gerald "we aren't the same anymore" and I wrote that Sheila accepts the blame whereas Gerald does not. I wrote many more things but I just wanted to know if these are correct.

Thank you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zara_ruby)
    I did the conflict question in AIC but structured it like a theme question. Doing one paragraph on gender conflict, one about age conflict and one about class conflict, using examples for each and putting in the context of the time.
    I was going to do this! I was wondering if we could talk about the different types of conflict in the play - as you said, class and gender. Decided to play it safe as I spent too much time planning for the Sheila and Gerald question, only to do the conflict question in the end! :mad:
    bye bye A*

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 25, 2017
Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.