Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Any poetry predictions for relationships

ReputationRep:
    To his coy mistress and In Paris with you

ReputationRep:
    for part B could you have talked about George and Lennies dream???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by studentgcse2016)
    I think so but I also memorised quotes about dreams from other characters and linked it to my paragraph.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    yes and rate that to the dust bowl

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hsevras)
    yes and rate that to the dust bowl
    okayy phew because i thought it said 'other characters'. Which characters did you mention and what did you say about G+L dream

ReputationRep:
    okayy phew because i thought it said 'other characters'. Which characters did you mention and what did you say about G+L dream
    Idont think it specified OTHER it just said use a range if ideas. Lennie is disabled so a hinderance... Link to context .... Explain dust bowl that's all i remember . I did crooks as well and talked of racism and lynching

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by coreHelp)
    does ant one have reviison stuff for conflict poetry
    There are some conflict poetry revision videos on youtube. I think the person who did it goes by 'J Brierly' or something like that. He's analysed all the poems

ReputationRep:
    Character and voice revision ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    could i have written of george and lennies dream or was it to to do with other characters dream!! ahh i messed up
    omg i did the same i talked about george and lennie and my essay structure was all over the place!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MR.ANONYMOUS 786)
    Character and voice revision ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm doing C&V, can I help at all?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Georgia Hermione)
    omg i did the same i talked about george and lennie and my essay structure was all over the place!!
    Looool samee!! i was rushing so much! were we allowed to talk about their dream because my friend said it said to talk about dreams other than lennie and so im so scared!!! what did you say about G+L?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thatonepunkguy)
    I'm doing C&V, can I help at all?
    hi yes can u helpp me too!
    can you give me points about the ruined maid and like how the language discusses key ideas!!! thankyou

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MR.ANONYMOUS 786)
    Wow. No way. I got 35/40. What do I need to get in the exams to get an A* overall ? I usually get A and sometimes A*s for the texts and for poetry I've consistently gotten A*s.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I think I generally get high As in the exams, but once I flunked unseen poetry and only got a B (one mark of an A) overall on the poetry exam. I think if you get what you usually get with such a high coursework mark you'll do great!

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have any predictions for Relationships poetry? I'm dying for Brothers to come up as I feel I didn't do as well as I'd have liked to do on the Monday exam.

ReputationRep:
    Will I lose marks for referring to the wider novel (outside the passage) in my part a OMaM answer?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beccaholland)
    Will I lose marks for referring to the wider novel (outside the passage) in my part a OMaM answer?
    In part B? Definitely not, you have to relate to the rest of the novel as part of the question. In part A you won't lose marks either, my teacher said if you can sneak in context/the rest of the story then you should.

ReputationRep:
    Looool samee!! i was rushing so much! were we allowed to talk about their dream because my friend said it said to talk about dreams other than lennie and so im so scared!!! what did you say about G+L?
    It's so bad i was scribbling it down and i honestly think i only made one valid point! I said that Lennie cannot understand that the idea of the dream is unattinable and if George really believes that he wouldn't go into town into the whorehouses.

I also said that George was the main perpetrator (is that the right word?) of the story yet lennie is the main believer. What did you write?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beccaholland)
    Parts A and B are marked as one, so as long as you've got enough analysis from the passage, you'll be fine!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Georgia Hermione)
    It's so bad i was scribbling it down and i honestly think i only made one valid point! I said that Lennie cannot understand that the idea of the dream is unattinable and if George really believes that he wouldn't go into town into the whorehouses.

I also said that George was the main perpetrator (is that the right word?) of the story yet lennie is the main believer. What did you write?

i said that theyre dream is very miniscule and that society at the time was so harsh because they were so close to attaining it yet it was snatched away! idk if its right!! creds to Mr Bruff haha

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.