Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

GCSE AQA English Literature - June 2016 *Official Thread* watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I know that the question said choose one or two characters so even if you just talked about one character you would be able to get full marks on the question, even if George/Lennie was not allowed you (and I lol) did Curleys wife which is fine. Plus the question didn't mention other characters anyway, the sentence about Lennies dream before the actual question was just a prompt to set the scene as aqa call at for the question.

ReputationRep:
    Who's doing the character and voice cluster? Any predictions?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Revision738266)
    Any predictions on conflict poems?
    Okay so The Falling Leaves, Flag, and The Right Word have never come up, but that's not to say it will be one of these... Bayonet Charge has been done twice and so has Mametz Wood so it is unlikely to be one of these two.
    How are you revising???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sophxxs)
    Hi sorry but this is stresing me the hell out, yknow how it said 'leave at least two lines between each answer', i left about 3 between LOTF and OMAM but between part a and b of OMAM I didnt will that lose me marks? or will the examiner know what im getting at when I started talking about the rest of the book?
    wait it said that?? Well shite

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mairossanna)
    wait it said that?? Well shite
    Don't worry - I didn't leave gaps in between my RS exam and i started panicking, but apparently they say it for our benefit just incase we wanted to add anything else. I'm sure it won't affect your marks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by echebben)
    Don't worry - I didn't leave gaps in between my RS exam and i started panicking, but apparently they say it for our benefit just incase we wanted to add anything else. I'm sure it won't affect your marks
    ah thank you! I was worried about that but now I'm not too much... thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mairossanna)
    Okay so The Falling Leaves, Flag, and The Right Word have never come up, but that's not to say it will be one of these... Bayonet Charge has been done twice and so has Mametz Wood so it is unlikely to be one of these two.
    How are you revising???
    I really don't know how to revise for poems?? I'm planning on rereading through my annotations and try to learn them, I might do a past paper and see how I do. Good luck!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by echebben)
    I really don't know how to revise for poems?? I'm planning on rereading through my annotations and try to learn them, I might do a past paper and see how I do. Good luck!!
    I'm thinking past papers too?? Good luck to you too!

ReputationRep:
    predictions for relationships cluster???

ReputationRep:
    Thinking that in Paris with you, to his coy mistress or brothers may come up as they haven't come up yet

ReputationRep:
    I'm bored out of my head revising poems- anyone got any tips?

ReputationRep:
    Does anybody have any predictions for Relationships cluster?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Str355ed)
    Does anybody have any predictions for Relationships cluster?
    To his coy mistress

ReputationRep:
    Any predictions for the conflict poetry cluster?

ReputationRep:
    Does anybody have any predictions for the Place cluster??? Really need some help with it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ella_08)
    It's ok, you don't have to talk about his conscience. The point you made isn't wrong, don't worry. I have geography tomorrow too what course do you do? I do AQA B
    oh i did a!!

ReputationRep:
    How are ppl revising?? Haven't done any:/ spent a lot of my time revising maths instead
    (doing the conflict cluster)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GCSElyfe)
    How are ppl revising?? Haven't done any:/ spent a lot of my time revising maths instead
    (doing the conflict cluster)
    I haven't revised for it at all either :/ I'm doing the conflict cluster and I think I might just try to memorise my annotations from a while ago and maybe watch videos on youtube...? I really don't know how to revise

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jovial)
    Thinking that in Paris with you, to his coy mistress or brothers may come up as they haven't come up yet
    Also Harmonium I think so it will either be about physical love or family love but idk still revise everything

ReputationRep:
    I'm studying Of mice and men, An inspector calls and I'm doing the relationships cluster. I think unit 1 (modern texts) went alright, but the Inspector calls questions were awful!
    In terms of poetry, I think Coy mistress, brothers and in paris with you are likely to appear - they are the only poems that haven't been named so far. Does anyone have any predictions for what themes might be on it?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 25, 2017
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.