Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by madchenblau)
    I'm studying Of mice and men, An inspector calls and I'm doing the relationships cluster. I think unit 1 (modern texts) went alright, but the Inspector calls questions were awful!
    In terms of poetry, I think Coy mistress, brothers and in paris with you are likely to appear - they are the only poems that haven't been named so far. Does anyone have any predictions for what themes might be on it?
    it's the last year, so I think the questions will be very specific. Maybe on structure or language specifically.

I predict that it will be a new poem (like THCM) with a theme and then a well-known or easier poem (like nettles or praise song for my mother) with a specific thing like the start/ending or language/structure.

ReputationRep:
    Any predictions for conflict cluster?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by munchjin)
    it's the last year, so I think the questions will be very specific. Maybe on structure or language specifically.

I predict that it will be a new poem (like THCM) with a theme and then a well-known or easier poem (like nettles or praise song for my mother) with a specific thing like the start/ending or language/structure.
    okay, thank you!

ReputationRep:

I don't think it's going to be very specific because it was very very vague for the Omam and the crucible exam. To his coy mistress is a possibility however, it might not come up due to the fact that it is now in the a level cluster too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jovial)
    I don't think it's going to be very specific because it was very very vague for the Omam and the crucible exam. To his coy mistress is a possibility however, it might not come up due to the fact that it is now in the a level cluster too
    I did An inspector calls and OMAM and I think that the OMAM questions were generous whereas AIC was more difficult.
    So, I think one question is going to be fairly simple but one will be more difficult.

ReputationRep:
    My predictions are:
    To his coy mistress is a possibility however, In Paris With You could come up. Does anybody think they'll ask on the structure and language specifically this year?

ReputationRep:
    I did An inspector calls and OMAM and I think that the OMAM questions were generous whereas AIC was more difficult.
    So, I think one question is going to be fairly simple but one will be more difficult.
    I don't know. It could be anything tbh. It's the last year they could do anything bc in our crucible exam they gave us a question and then a choice between 4 characters to write about two which was really weird

ReputationRep:
    Could someone possibly tell me what could be asked on To His Coy Mistress so that I can do a practise answer?

ReputationRep:
    http://goo.gl/TSwbLr fill it in for GCSE ENGLISH LIT CONFLICT POEMS TOMORROW!!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else desperate to just get this exam out of the way?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    predictions for poetry across time aqa for tomorrow?

ReputationRep:
    The Farmer's Bride came up twice too in the past 3-4 years - so they may not use that poem for the Relationships Section

ReputationRep:
    Do you get a choice of two questions? I thought there was only one option but looking at past mark schemes and each cluster has two poem choices...

ReputationRep:
    In sister maude, does he beloved really die? I get the feeling from it that her father is the only one that dies, especially in the poem when she says 'spared his soul'? Not sure whether to go into the exam with this interpretation of it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pheebsdancer)
    Do you get a choice of two questions? I thought there was only one option but looking at past mark schemes and each cluster has two poem choices...
    Yes that's correct. You choose one question of two options from the cluster and one unseen (no option)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ucalyptas)
    Any predictions for conflict cluster?
    So far I've heard are Flag and The Right Word

ReputationRep:
    My prediction for relationship cluster:

Compare how the poets represent Death in To His Coy Mistress and one other poem.

What do people think about this prediction?

I would compare it with Harmonium

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LindsaySteele27)
    Yes that's correct. You choose one question of two options from the cluster and one unseen (no option)
    Ah thanks! Can you help me with how to structure an answer please? I understand the unseen but don't get how to structure the comparison.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Please can someone help me out with the predictions for the relationships cluster for tomorrow??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by teacher's pet)
    My prediction for relationship cluster:

Compare how the poets represent Death in To His Coy Mistress and one other poem.

What do people think about this prediction?

I would compare it with Harmonium
    What would your points be?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.