Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sabrina235)
    Is anyone doing Character and Voice? hat are your predictions? I think the ruined maid or give might come up
    Give, Ruined Maid and Medusa are my predictions!

ReputationRep:
    URGENT: What can I compare In Paris With You with if it comes up?? And why?? Like can you give some example points, I'm desperate lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    thats a 2011 post i think it might be outdated now

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone doing place? If sp, please let me know which poems you predict will come up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by R2-D2)
    https://community.tes.com/threads/fa...estion.520082/

I came across this that states that AQA wont be putting those poems in the exam
    Though, just because they wont come up, doesnt mean that you cant use those poems as a comparison
    Is this like 100 percent because my teacher predicts they will come up?

ReputationRep:
    Predictions for Character and Voice ? Thanks a bunch.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alicerose.j)
    URGENT: What can I compare In Paris With You with if it comes up?? And why?? Like can you give some example points, I'm desperate lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Defo compare it to To His Coy Mistress, Mr Bruff's made a video on that comparison.

ReputationRep:
    Could they ask a question on a poem that's been featured before?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 11co99)
    My teacher has told me to do four short paragraphs, with two of each based on the same idea but with the separate comparison at the beginning of the second paragraph.
    e.g:

The Clown Punk and Checking out me history

1. The clown punk is not accepted in society and we can see this from ....[Go on to analyse]
    2. Checking out my history is also about a persona in which they are taught that their identity is not valid, this is illustrated through the idea that his eyes are being bandaged... [analyse]
    3. Language in the clown punk is very simplistic to show the idea that judgement on others is something child like and unnecessary [ include points about structure within this]
    4. Language such as a native dialect is used in checking out me history to not only hold on to what little identity the man has left...[analyse a quote].. but also to put the reader in his shoes to allow them to become isolated
    If you want to you could in this paragraph also compare the idea that rather than using language, as the clown punk is in third person, the clown punk has used his looks to express his identity rather than voice.
    i think its good to include the last bit as it shows you can do close comparison and it saves having to think about having an equal balance through three separate paragraphs of comparison.
    wait so the sturcture is1)idea on poem 1 (do you give alternative interpretationshere? And do you include any embedded quotes to back up your analysis?) 2)do the same for poem 2 3)talk about language for both of them (comparison here, Iguess) so how many quotes do you use per poem? 4)Then talk about structure, do you include quotes to backit up? and clear this up to me what exactly is meant by structure? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Anyone winging this? I am, lol

ReputationRep:
    Any predictions for the place poetry cluster??

ReputationRep:
    -To his coy mistress because of male speakera being dominat and no voice from female
    Sexual desire and repetition used to emphasis spending time in present
    Both have a lot of sarcasm

Quickdraw because of the heart break and pain talk bout structure of in paris with u 3rd stanza shows vulnerability

Farmers bride-sexual desire
    Vulnerabilty
    Domireeing males

Hour- the idea of spending time in places not romantic Spending time important but contrast in paris with u is its more bout lustRepetition

Manhunt-slow healing process...Pain

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Does anybody know what came up for relationships in 2012 thank you

ReputationRep:
    can i start with the unseen or do i have to do section a first?/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MR.ANONYMOUS 786)
    Predictions for Character and Voice ? Thanks a bunch.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I think a Q on Clown Punk and Medusa are likely to come up...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wolfram Alpha)
    I think a Q on Clown Punk and Medusa are likely to come up...
    Kl. Thanks. I've been going over everything anyway.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by siobhanx13)
    Is this like 100 percent because my teacher predicts they will come up?
    Eeek, I dont want to guarantee it but I trust my English teacher very much on this lmao, I would still suggest revising them if you want though as they could still be useful to use as comparisons!

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Have a cheeky look on YouTube and just yolo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ninestars)
    Anyone winging this? I am, lol
    Me right here lol I haven't done an ounce of revision. I've probably ****ed myself up bad but oh well

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TeeHalim)
    Defo compare it to To His Coy Mistress, Mr Bruff's made a video on that comparison.
    Hi I know this is late but could you post the link to that? Thank you and good luck!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.