Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pepsi Cola :))
    Hi I know this is late but could you post the link to that? Thank you and good luck!
    Sure, I'm still revising, so it's not late at all. Here's the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hb4l2cj1cAA . Good Luck to you too!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else still doing last minute poetry revision?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clottie12)
    Anyone else still doing last minute poetry revision?
    yep

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=clottie12;65226243]Anyone else still doing last minute poetry revision?[/QUOTE

Yes got up at 3am to do it:boring:

ReputationRep:
    Going to just do one last bit of revision on brothers just in case that comes up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellamoon_22)
    Going to just do one last bit of revision on brothers just in case that comes up
    Do you think it would be okay to compare nettles to brothers as they are both on family relationships and reflecting on a past event?

ReputationRep:
    Any predictions for today's exam?

ReputationRep:
    Is there any predictions that Belfast confetti is coming up?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adnan1996)
    Is there any predictions that Belfast confetti is coming up?
    I think it will

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pheebsdancer)
    Do you think it would be okay to compare nettles to brothers as they are both on family relationships and reflecting on a past event?
    Yhh

ReputationRep:
    I only know 9 poems in full detail, is that enough?? Everyone seems so unprepared for this exam lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sophxxs)
    Hi sorry but this is stresing me the hell out, yknow how it said 'leave at least two lines between each answer', i left about 3 between LOTF and OMAM but between part a and b of OMAM I didnt will that lose me marks? or will the examiner know what im getting at when I started talking about the rest of the book?
    As long as you put the question number and letter to show the examiner what the question is then you should be fine

ReputationRep:
    Failing this exam😭 I didn't revise at all for AIC and Heroes.. Ah well, I don't need Literature, I'm gonna focus on English Language as that's my main one that I need to get in college.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pheebsdancer)
    Of course it's okay but my English teacher recommended that our class NOT compare a poem with praise song for my mother or nettles because 'that's what C grade candidates do' and it doesn't impress the examiner as much. But if that's where you'd be most comfortable in an exam scenario then go for it

ReputationRep:
    I compared brothers and harmonium- so great as they are probably my fav poems from the anthology as I can really relate to them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by basicallykaya)
    Of course it's okay but my English teacher recommended that our class NOT compare a poem with praise song for my mother or nettles because 'that's what C grade candidates do' and it doesn't impress the examiner as much. But if that's where you'd be most comfortable in an exam scenario then go for it
    That's nice, I compared Manhunt with Nettles last year (chose Nettles) and got an A* poetry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by black1blade)
    I compared brothers and harmonium- so great as they are probably my fav poems from the anthology as I can really relate to them.
    What poems came up for you?

ReputationRep:
    To his coy mistress and brothers where the two in the relationships cluster for AQA. Arms and the Boy was the unseen.

ReputationRep:
    My predictions were right yay I did to his coy mistress with in Paris with you it was brilliant
    I could have easily done brothers also cause I revised that this morning so tht was good. Unseen poetry was amazing I hope for an A*

ReputationRep:
    Oh my god, I did conflict and the right word and poppies came up and literally did an extended analytical answer to poppies comparing it to Come on come back yesterday night and it ACTUALLY ****IN CAME UP!! I'm hoping for an A overall now- pretty confident with my A* coursework. It all depends on unit 1 which I probably got a B in.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 25, 2017

University open days

• University of East Anglia (UEA)
    Could you inspire the next generation? Find out more about becoming a Secondary teacher with UEA… Postgraduate
    Thu, 18 Oct '18
  • University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • University of Sheffield
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.