Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    For me personally, that was terrible. I do the Conflict cluster and I compared Poppies with The Yellow Palm, regarding difficult times in people's lives. I forgot how to compare and I forgot my vocabulary and I forgot everything. It was absolutely horrible.
    Unseen Poetry was okay.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by keepyourapology)
    For me personally, that was terrible. I do the Conflict cluster and I compared Poppies with The Yellow Palm, regarding difficult times in people's lives. I forgot how to compare and I forgot my vocabulary and I forgot everything. It was absolutely horrible.
    Unseen Poetry was okay.
    Its alright as long as you talked about structure form and language you'll do fine! I liked the unseen question but I only did it in the last 17 mins - I am aiming for 14/5

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Char4ncubex)
    Oh my god, I did conflict and the right word and poppies came up and literally did an extended analytical answer to poppies comparing it to Come on come back yesterday night and it ACTUALLY ****IN CAME UP!! I'm hoping for an A overall now- pretty confident with my A* coursework. It all depends on unit 1 which I probably got a B in.
    Wow that's good! I did exactly the same thing as you. I did an extended answer comparing poppies and out of the blue for revision. It actually came up! I thought out of the blue was personally thr best to compare to

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cricketoo566)
    I know that the question said choose one or two characters so even if you just talked about one character you would be able to get full marks on the question, even if George/Lennie was not allowed you (and I lol) did Curleys wife which is fine. Plus the question didn't mention other characters anyway, the sentence about Lennies dream before the actual question was just a prompt to set the scene as aqa call at for the question.
    thankyou so much! you have made me more confident haha! how was ur poetry?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellamoon_22)
    My predictions were right yay I did to his coy mistress with in Paris with you it was brilliant
    I could have easily done brothers also cause I revised that this morning so tht was good. Unseen poetry was amazing I hope for an A*
    what did you say for the unseen?

ReputationRep:
    I predicted all of the poems that came up today and I only learnt them and it was so great yay

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What did everyone write for the unseen poetry question?? I wrote about the significant of the title and how the 'arms' and 'boy' juxtaposed. Also wrote about alliteration and the uniform rhyme scheme!!

ReputationRep:
    The unseen poem wssnt too bad... athough I do the conflict poetry so I feel I had an unfair advantage lol
    I had just been writing about conflict for 45 minutes and some of the poems had even been written by the same poet (Wilfred Owen)

ReputationRep:
    omg I was so happy, the only poems I revised yesterday was poppies with falling leaves and the right word with Belfast confetti. I did poppies tho aha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RevisionGuide)
    What did everyone write for the unseen poetry question?? I wrote about the significant of the title and how the 'arms' and 'boy' juxtaposed. Also wrote about alliteration and the uniform rhyme scheme!!
    I did that as well. I mentioned loss of sanity and innocence. for devices i mentioned caesura, semantic field, metaphors and similies.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by studentgcse2016)
    what did you say for the unseen?
    Title- Arms links to military and weapons eg. Arms race
    Summary: war is depicted in negative light when he joins war he is changed and exhilarated/ pacifism
    Opening stanza
    "How cold steel" physical temp but the weapons are a extended metaphor for soldiers in war the word old links to the apathy of their vicious actions war
    "Keen with hunger of blood" weapons are personified the word hunger portrays soldiers as animalistic and There is a sinister tone the boy once in war changes and could be exhilarated by Murder ( demonic imagery at end), the word blood links to danger
    "Like a madmans flash" is a simile and links to the crazy action of killing
    "Blue" links to cold could refer to death
    "Stroke" is soft he is getting used to war being brainwashed
    Alliteration to present weapons "blind blunt bullet heads"
    I accidentally read it as nuzzle so said links to innocence of young boy and juxtaposes violence the bullets will be in their early cause dead "Muzzle"

some of my answer not whole thing soz

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone do the character and voice section?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone do Poppies and Belfast Confetti for the conflict cluster??

ReputationRep:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...p#post65232781

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MeganMcAlister)
    Did anyone do Poppies and Belfast Confetti for the conflict cluster??
    Me! I compared lists for language, the unstructured nature of the two and how they're 1st person so personal effects blah blah

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pheebsdancer)
    Do you think it would be okay to compare nettles to brothers as they are both on family relationships and reflecting on a past event?
    Omg this came up and I did this!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gordon123)
    Did anyone do the character and voice section?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yes, but I done foundation character and voice, The River God/The Clown Punk came up with me picking The River God and the question asking about feelings for sorriness so I compared it "The Hunchback in the park"

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I done the relationships section, compared to his coy mistress to in paris with you
    The seen section was okay, but to develop my answer and totally secure an A, id need more time tbh x.x
    The unseen was a bit harder, as expected, but i doubt i got really high in that
    The timings stress me out so much, 15 minutes more would make me feel more at ease tbh

ReputationRep:
    Anyone do foundation relationships? And did question 7 and the Harris unseen poetry? I loved that paper

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    So on the summary page, the unseen poetry was that the boy grew talons because he was not evil but I wrote that because it unassailable because God "did not" grow him talons, the negative diction conveyed that the boy thinks his powerful and God can't stop him. Will I lose marks if the actual answer was that God didnt not let him grow talons because he isn't fundamentally evil?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 25, 2017

University open days

• University of East Anglia (UEA)
    Could you inspire the next generation? Find out more about becoming a Secondary teacher with UEA… Postgraduate
    Thu, 18 Oct '18
  • University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • University of Sheffield
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.