Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JoshuaE)
    Me! I compared lists for language, the unstructured nature of the two and how they're 1st person so personal effects blah blah

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm glad I'm not the only one! Do you know anyone who did The Right Word and Charge of the Light Brigade? Asking for a friend

ReputationRep:
    UNSEEN POEM: http://www.shmoop.com/arms-and-the-b...1-summary.html

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MeganMcAlister)
    Did anyone do Poppies and Belfast Confetti for the conflict cluster??
    I also did this, i wrote about how i thought the mother may feel like her son could end up in a similar situation to that of the character in belfast confetti

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adzkii786)
    So on the summary page, the unseen poetry was that the boy grew talons because he was not evil but I wrote that because it unassailable because God "did not" grow him talons, the negative diction conveyed that the boy thinks his powerful and God can't stop him. Will I lose marks if the actual answer was that God didnt not let him grow talons because he isn't fundamentally evil?
    No using lose marks its all about interpretation and developing ur point and guving supporting evidence. As long as u acknowledged the whole effector war being wrong and evil etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellamoon_22)
    No using lose marks its all about interpretation and developing ur point and guving supporting evidence. As long as u acknowledged the whole effector war being wrong and evil etc
    I wrote that young people are easily influenced, I wrote that his innocent called a "boy" and that he was commanded "let" by an unknown figure so he was sort of made to do it, i didnt write anything about wrong/evil , how many marks will i use as im aiming for a*

ReputationRep:
    I wrote that young people are easily influenced, I wrote that his innocent called a "boy" and that he was commanded "let" by an unknown figure so he was sort of made to do it, i didnt write anything about wrong/evil , how many marks will i use as im aiming for a*
    What ur saying is great analysis tho? War forces us to take part in violence actions

ReputationRep:
    What ur saying is great analysis tho? War forces us to take part in violence actions
    Okay thanks, how did you find it I found the conflict question alright, nearly mis-red the q

ReputationRep:
    I do relationship poetry it as brilliant
    Okay thanks, how did you find it I found the conflict question alright, nearly mis-red the q

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone do Poppies and Yellow Palm?! Freaking out..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by keepyourapology)
    I personally didn't but a few people from my school did. All the poems link in some respects. You get the marks for explaining why so DW

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    for the unseen I talk about how the soldier was described as 'boy' this is emotive language as it evokes empathy from the reader at the notion of children getting involved in war.

For the last stanza I talk about how the words 'talons' and 'no claws' shows that god did not create people as evil beings but rather it is the influence of society which molded their ideology of murder. I talked so much **** in the exam but I think I got an A in poetry

ReputationRep:
    Guys if I got a Band 5 in my controlled assessment, grade b for part 1 of literature and grade A for poetry what do you think I'll get overall? I really want an overall A

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone do Character Voice? I compared Medusa with Les Grands Seigneur

ReputationRep:
    For the unseen I spent ages trying to work out what to write but eventually got there in the end 😂 I put something like: assonance of 'steel' and 'keen' to describe the weapons, sounds almost like the weapons are malicious and scheming. Contrasted to innocence of boy. Juxtaposition of colours ('blood' = red and 'Blue') - weapons are cold, not like boy who is full of life and energy (I had no idea what I was saying 😂). Personification of weapons - almost like they can hurt the boy and hold power over him. Treat the boy like one of their 'prey' and that they can feast on him or whatever (can't remember quote lol) - ironic, usually only the person being wounded by a weapon is damaged, but this portrays that by firing a gun you will be damaged too, not physically but mentally. Last quatrain has a different tone to the others before it - the boy will not be pictured as evil or as a devil with 'horns' emerging from his head (biblical imagery). This conveys the message that if you kill one of the enemy in a war, you are praised for it, rather than being punished. Something like that. I have no idea if it is right tho and you can probably make loads of different interpretations

ReputationRep:
    Going to just do one last bit of revision on brothers just in case that comes up
    I guess it's a good thing you revised Brothers then! Did you do that one or THCM?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Char4ncubex)
    Its alright as long as you talked about structure form and language you'll do fine! I liked the unseen question but I only did it in the last 17 mins - I am aiming for 14/5
    hey, do you know if it's necessary to speak about all three (structure form and language) to get the top marks?? I don't think I talked about form in mine:/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grace143)
    hey, do you know if it's necessary to speak about all three (structure form and language) to get the top marks?? I don't think I talked about form in mine:/
    You dont need to it says structure or ...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moppp)
    Did anyone else compare Poppies with Bayonet Charge cos I did...
    I did

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by legend.786)
    You dont need to it says structure or ...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Mind didn't, I think it said "the ways", it didn't specify structure or language or anything

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by keepyourapology)
    You could have done anything really

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.