Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    That exam was a godsend. I did conflict section and it went great!

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone compare The Right word with At the border,1979?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tcs145)
    What was both of the questions for the AQA conflict cluster again? One was about The right word and the other was poppies ?
    The right word one was;
    Compare how the poem the right word and a poem of your choice present how causes of conflict cause different attitudes to people.
    It was something along the lines of that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rihana.c)
    lol I thought it did say nuzzle???
    I definitely was nuzzle!!! Besides, it makes sense in the context it was written in

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by louisemayorx)
    I'm sure you did well! My points were quite similar to yours, how the grief has become a cycle and that they cannot be free from it! (shown in Yellow Palm by "the fruit fell in his arms" showing a possible inheritance of conflict and the grief that comes with it, and in Poppies with the "dove" where her son possibly wants to stop beig a burden on her, but she cannot escape the grief as she reminisces!) I hope my writing makes sense to the examiner because I was sort of chucking down all of my thoughts as I had to rush a bit near the end. But overall, an alright exam I'd say!
    Yeah it was okay, I guess, but my poetry is usually a hit or miss. Once I got a 13, the other time I got a 32. It's ridiculous and I'm really tentative about this. But yeah, what can ya do, right? Good luck. x

ReputationRep:
    I compared The Right Word with Futility, did anyone else do this??

ReputationRep:
    I did Poppies and Bayonet Charge, did anyone else???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ziggyyyy)
    I did Poppies and Bayonet Charge, did anyone else???
    Same! I absolutely love bayonet charge

ReputationRep:
    I did the right word and bayonet charge and no one else I know did, help???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by louisemayorx)
    I am pretty sure it said "nuzzle" because most people said that is what they analysed, or I'm going crazy!
    It did i just checked!

ReputationRep:
    When I saw To His Coy Mistress I didn't even bother reading the other question. Found out afterwards it was on Brothers
    Anyone else do the Relationships cluster, and if so how did you find it?
    My friends who did Character and Voice said they loved 'Medusa', so I'm glad that went well for you guys.
    Thought the unseen was quite nice too.
    Loved that paper.

ReputationRep:
    This is a summary of what I wrote in the unseen. Is this ok?!

1) Repetition- 'sharp and sharpness' + other examples to suggest how the weapons yearn war.
    2) Tension- the men don't want to fight but the weapons are 'hungry for blood
    3) Personification- there were a couple of examples- these show the weapons desire for war/ the effect they have.
    4) Simile
    5) 'cold steel' description= the weapons were heartless and emotionless about war
    6) View of God- he didn't grow talons so this showed he didn't want there to be fighting
    7) View of people due to God- the benevolence of God caused the people to think against the war and the weapons. This meant they would be scarred by war.
    8) Imagery- the line about the bullet shooting through the heart.

In the character and voice, I compared the change in The Ruined Maid to Brendon Gallacher.

ReputationRep:
    Who did Poppies and Out of the Blue for question six in the conflict cluster?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MeganMcAlister)
    Did anyone do Poppies and Belfast Confetti for the conflict cluster??
    I did!! I was so worried because hardly anyone else did this. How did you link it to Poppies?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jem +)
    When I saw To His Coy Mistress I didn't even bother reading the other question. Found out afterwards it was on Brothers
    Anyone else do the Relationships cluster, and if so how did you find it?
    My friends who did Character and Voice said they loved 'Medusa', so I'm glad that went well for you guys.
    Thought the unseen was quite nice too.
    Loved that paper.
    I did!!! i compared to his coy mistress to sonnet 43 whereas most people compared it to in paris with you. I wanted to do brothers but there wasn't much for me to say about it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andy-22)
    Who did Poppies and Out of the Blue for question six in the conflict cluster?
    My friend did!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hsevras)
    I did that as well. I mentioned loss of sanity and innocence. for devices i mentioned caesura, semantic field, metaphors and similies.
    Did you write about the 'bayonet blade' and how it was almost thirsty for blood. Also wrote about the simile 'like a madman's flash' which had connotations of brutal murder and linked to death. Finally, I wrote about the rhythmic scheme which seemed soft and gentle and how it almost juxtaposed against the violent and graphic imagery described by Owen in the poem!

ReputationRep:
    I feel as though I haven't written enough for section B, even though there was loads to say:\\

I compared 'The Ruined Maid' to 'Les Grands Seigneurs' ... hoping to still get an A*:\\

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abbiefisher28)
    I did!! I was so worried because hardly anyone else did this. How did you link it to Poppies?
    I did too !

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    My friend compared Brothers to The Manhunt which i found really strange there is nothing similar or is there? ….

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.