Turn on thread page Beta

GCSE AQA English Literature - June 2016 *Official Thread* watch

ReputationRep:
    The exams over why is everyone still going on about it?

ReputationRep:
    U wanna go matraz

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I love the writing but hate the reading. Good luck everyone!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vault111)
    U wanna go matraz

Posted from TSR Mobile
    yeah

ReputationRep:
    Hey i am new to this forum and i was just wondering what I need to get a b if my coursework was 69-80 english language

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Of course there is. It says language and/or structure and/or form. Honestly if you smash the comparison the unseen is just a bonus! The grade boundaries for poetry last year were so low that some people only wrote a paragraph for the unseen and got an A!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What do you think you got in the exam? Maybe you got an A or A* overall if you did well in exam?

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,
    Were we allowed to analyse the text below the title (in italics) in source 1? Because I've been told that we're not allowed to so have I missed out on 26 marks??

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,
    Were we allowed to analyse the text below the title (in italics) in source 1? Because I've been told that we're not allowed to so have I missed out on 26 marks??

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Which question? Last one??

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    For question 4

Were we allowed to compare the italised text below the title from source 1 with a list from source 3?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    For question 4

Were we allowed to compare the italised text below the title from source 1 with a list from source 3?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I can't say I know the answer but I think that's ok. Someone correct me if i'm wrong

ReputationRep:
    I'm never using this thread again!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    can everyone just calm down pls it's over so now u can chillllll Xx

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I second that

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Guys is it possible that anyone can help me out here please?

I've now finished school, and am going to college full time to study something I enjoy. However, I took English literature back in year 10 and got a 'D'. I was extremely close to a C when I was looking at the grade boundaries but the last unit I took I was ill and had a really bad headache and felt as if I'd pass out, that exam I unfortunately for a U (unit 1 I got C, unit 2 I got C, unit 3 I got U) (I done higher btw).

Although, once those exams were finished I did IGCSE English, which I passed alongside with maths. I know have qualifications in maths and English language, but will I be FORCED to retake literature?

Thanks, just don't really want to resit because I hate English.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry about the grammar errors xD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MitchB16)
    Guys is it possible that anyone can help me out here please?

I've now finished school, and am going to college full time to study something I enjoy. However, I took English literature back in year 10 and got a 'D'. I was extremely close to a C when I was looking at the grade boundaries but the last unit I took I was ill and had a really bad headache and felt as if I'd pass out, that exam I unfortunately for a U (unit 1 I got C, unit 2 I got C, unit 3 I got U) (I done higher btw).

Although, once those exams were finished I did IGCSE English, which I passed alongside with maths. I know have qualifications in maths and English language, but will I be FORCED to retake literature?

Thanks, just don't really want to resit because I hate English.
    i doubt it since only english language is the important one that universities and employers look after

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone got any tips for which poems to focus on in the AQA poetry anthology power and conflict cluster?

English Lit mock tomorrow... I need some last minute tips please xD

ReputationRep:
    I've got mine as well if u find anything let me know

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JazzRabb)
    Has anyone got any tips for which poems to focus on in the AQA poetry anthology power and conflict cluster?

English Lit mock tomorrow... I need some last minute tips please xD
    Bit too late now, but I would practice annotating the anthology poems without any resources and then adding from your resources in another colour pen. Feel free to message me if you need any help! Hope things went okay today )

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 25, 2017

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.