Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shilshark)
    I also reccomend Mr Salles, really good for hitting the A*

Of mice and men, AIC and relationship poetry
    Haven't done much revision for it, just started making notes
    Of mice and men- possibly carlson/whit but it would be a hard one
    AIC- Gerald/sheila and responsibility possibly
    relationships-no idea, but i thank god that farmers bride was last year. I actually
    hate that poem so much, that's probably the only poem I will neglect
    im pretty sure The Manhunt and Sister Maude came up last year?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pink.lemonade)
    im pretty sure The Manhunt and Sister Maude came up last year?
    Ah sorry, I mistook it for June 2014

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shilshark)
    Ah sorry, I mistook it for June 2014
    Farmers Bride already came up twice in the past recent years, so we can still count our luck.

ReputationRep:
    Hey I'm doing AIC and OMAM and the conflict cluster- does anyone have any resources for the poetry clusters? I use MrBruff for Lit, but I have nothing for unseen and for conflict. Thanks!

(Original post by zixd)
    Hey I'm doing AIC and OMAM and the conflict cluster- does anyone have any resources for the poetry clusters? I use MrBruff for Lit, but I have nothing for unseen and for conflict. Thanks!
    York notes revision guide. Although he makes some blunt reviews of the poem's, it'll do but if you're aiming high, then naah.

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, really need some help here. English Lit exams are some of my earlier exams and I don't feel like I have been prioritising them as much as I should. I have done some past papers, reread texts and tried to learn key quotes, but that's about all. How can I make sure I'm really prepared for OM&M and AIC? We recently did poetry in class, so I'm more confident with that, but timing is still an issue, ensuring originality and in depth analysis in an extremely limited time. Any help or advice would be really useful!
    Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oblivion99)
    In 2015, for the conflict cluster:

Bayonet Charge (dk the theme) and Place in Mametz wood. It's likely they could repeat Bayonet charge despite it being last year, if you're suscribed to AQA, but highly unlikely for Mametz wood because it was recycled from the 2012 paper.

So far, I plan to do 4poems today and 4 tomorrow. Quite hectic but hey, we got over a month
    I don't think Bayonet Charge will come up(well..i hope it doesn't)

2013 was "next to of course God America i".Do you reckon that will come up(i mean repeated questions)

Which conflict poems did not come up?(does anyone know)

(Original post by Blancosdos)
    I don't think Bayonet Charge will come up(well..i hope it doesn't)

2013 was "next to of course God America i".Do you reckon that will come up(i mean repeated questions)

Which conflict poems did not come up?(does anyone know)
    Futility, Belfast, Poppies & Falling Leaves (and then the foundation poems that they put on the spec but wont come up as they're foundation and its the last year so higher poems will come)

I think its futility, its hard (A level poem) and they might aswell f up the last year to d the current spec

ReputationRep:
    Anyone got any predictions for:
    The Crucible
    Of mice and men
    Character and Voice poetry cluster

Also what came up in the 2015 paper?????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JenniMusic)
    Hi guys, really need some help here. English Lit exams are some of my earlier exams and I don't feel like I have been prioritising them as much as I should. I have done some past papers, reread texts and tried to learn key quotes, but that's about all. How can I make sure I'm really prepared for OM&M and AIC? We recently did poetry in class, so I'm more confident with that, but timing is still an issue, ensuring originality and in depth analysis in an extremely limited time. Any help or advice would be really useful!
    Thanks!
    Try learning key quotes for each character and see how other characters view that one character your analysing. Make sure you know your contextual knowledge e.g. for OMAM the great depression, American dream etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oblivion99)
    Futility, Belfast, Poppies & Falling Leaves (and then the foundation poems that they put on the spec but wont come up as they're foundation and its the last year so higher poems will come)

I think its futility, its hard (A level poem) and they might aswell f up the last year to d the current spec
    Thats it?Just them 4 poems?

Wow,i'm sure Belfast came up

ReputationRep:
    Anyone doing Great Expectations?

Yes? And it has come up but 5 years ago.

ReputationRep:

Which ones are foundation and which are higher?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Anyone doing Kindertransport as their modern drama? I don't know anyone else apart from this in my class. Any advice?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by typicalstudent1)
    Which ones are foundation and which are higher?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Flag is foundation.IDK any others.

ReputationRep:
    AIC - anyone know which characters/themes came up last summer 2015? Might not been to revise these so much as they might not appear this year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ELK 2)
    AIC - anyone know which characters/themes came up last summer 2015? Might not been to revise these so much as they might not appear this year
    Mr Birling and Inequalities in the play

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing Kindertransport as well
    (Original post by Ddraigdwr2)
    Anyone doing Kindertransport as their modern drama? I don't know anyone else apart from this in my class. Any advice?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm studying Henry V and No Longer at Ease, anyone doing that?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.