Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I've been with my girlfriend for about 5/6 months, we've had many ups and downs, sometimes we've come close to splitting up other times we've been on top of the world.

Recently though I feel like my girlfriend isn't as interested or bothered as she used to be. She will sometimes text me back after a few hours or so. She struggles to make conversation with me and she's even said this which winds me up because she just expects me to make all the effort and make conversation. Like how hard is it to make conversation with someone you say you love and says your there bestfriend?

When I'm with her she will sometimes act very distant and cold with me. She will go on her phone and just ignore me for like 20 minutes. I'm Not saying she's a bad girlfriend because sometimes she really is amazing but it's when she's acting distant with me and hardly making any effort which pushes me away.

It gets me down and I just sometimes think what's the point? Why should I make all the effort and put my everything I to this relationship when she isn't? I just don't know what to do anymore, I don't know what I want. At times I want to be with her more than anything than other times I'm like his and just not sure about the relationship. Feel like sometimes she misses being single and doesn't want a relationship. Just kinda pushes me away the way she acts.

I've spoke to her about his before and it just turns into an argument so I just don't know what to do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I've been with my girlfriend for about 5/6 months, we've had many ups and downs, sometimes we've come close to splitting up other times we've been on top of the world.

Recently though I feel like my girlfriend isn't as interested or bothered as she used to be. She will sometimes text me back after a few hours or so. She struggles to make conversation with me and she's even said this which winds me up because she just expects me to make all the effort and make conversation. Like how hard is it to make conversation with someone you say you love and says your there best friend?

When I'm with her she will sometimes act very distant and cold with me. She will go on her phone and just ignore me for like 20 minutes. I'm Not saying she's a bad girlfriend because sometimes she really is amazing but it's when she's acting distant with me and hardly making any effort which pushes me away.

It gets me down and I just sometimes think what's the point? Why should I make all the effort and put my everything I to this relationship when she isn't? I just don't know what to do anymore, I don't know what I want. At times I want to be with her more than anything than other times I'm like his and just not sure about the relationship. Feel like sometimes she misses being single and doesn't want a relationship. Just kinda pushes me away the way she acts.

I've spoke to her about this before and it just turns into an argument so I just don't know what to do?
    Isn't this conversation?

ReputationRep:
    Hi mate, I was in a similar situation to you months back.
    Unfortunately my ex girlfriend got into a full time job whilst i was at university and decided that she was too good for me, so she spent most of our last two weeks together going on about how she needs to focus on her career over her personal life, even after all of the support I gave her to get the job in the first place. Ever since new year she was cold and distant with me, as soon as she got the job she even stopped saying I love you, then one day during an argument I just told her I was done.

If she's being distant and no talking to her will ever change that, it's time to let go.
    But as evil as it sounds, sometimes the threat of you leaving normally makes them get into shape and actually care, see if this happens, give her the talk, if it ends up in a breakup then she feels the same way and as sad as it is, you'll be saving a lot of time prolonging the inevitable as a result.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 9, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.