Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Student and Teacher, should I go for him? Watch

(Original post by loveleest)
    Definitely wait until you finish sixth form...
    Just hope that no one finds out that you guys did sexual things.
    No one will. This is the bit where I don't understand his point of view. I've told him we can pretend like we completely don't know each other. I haven't even told my best friend about this, because I know the magnitude of the whole situation. There's literally no way of people finding out unless one of us tells someone else.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Because I don't see anything objectively wrong with the whole situation. We're just two normal people who fell for each other. It's not like he's a 30 year old creep, and I'm a 16 year old naive girl.

My only problem is with the legal side
    It doesn't matter if there is nothing "objectively" wrong with this situation. The law>>>your opinion. If anyone finds out, his career is ruined and your future could be in jeopardy. I think you and you're teacher would be incredibly stupid to go through with a r/s before you finish school. It's 3 bloody months, wait!

ReputationRep:
    i mostly just look for threads like this on TSR

ReputationRep:
    No one will. This is the bit where I don't understand his point of view. I've told him we can pretend like we completely don't know each other. I haven't even told my best friend about this, because I know the magnitude of the whole situation. There's literally no way of people finding out unless one of us tells someone else.
    I feel sad if this is whole thing is true.
    Things like this get passed down easily, I wouldn't even advice telling your best friend. Keep is 100% a secret between you and the teacher.

ReputationRep:
    Hope this is just fantasy.

If it's not please wait till summer.

(Original post by Chaz W)
    Hope this is just fantasy.

If it's not please wait till summer.
    Lol. No it isn't fantasy. Though, reading back on my first post, it does sound very fantasy like haha

I covered the main bits, it makes it sound like everything happened really quickly. He's been my mentor for a while now.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    Not illegal, but highly unprofessional and enough to get him seriously disciplined by the school and his profession. He really has been weak considering he will have known all along about the expected boundaries and position of trust between teacher and pupil. He's an idiot becayse he's put himself in a compromising position as all the pupil needs to do is make a complaint an his reputation/career will be damaged before its begun. If he cant resist schoolgirls at the start of his career, then just think how many more he will be empted by in the future.

What everyone else said. Leave school and start a relationship after if need be.

ReputationRep:
    Pleaseeee be wise, drop it all until you leave sixth form, yr13 literally finishes study leave time roughly, and then exams and its all over.... he will have it on his record that he had an affair or relationship or whatever forever, when he applies for jobs they will see it too. and your future too, it's really risky

ReputationRep:
    Don't continue with this. To be honest to me it is really weird that a 22 year old would be interested in an 18 year old, he has been through uni and is working in an adult job... you're still a school kid, you're at totally different stages in your life and totally different levels of maturity (unless something is seriously wrong with him). The fact he looks young is totally meaningless, as is the fact he uses slang.

There is a reason teachers and students aren't meant to have a relationship outside of the classroom and this is REALLY dangerous for him. As in, his career would be ruined. Although given the what he's done (have you round to his house, have sexual contact with you) to be honest I think he deserves that at this point.

ReputationRep:
    You're willing to ruin his career, simply for your own personal happiness? When you could just wait a few more months until you finish school?

How can you even say you like him? You're horribly selfish; you don't care about him.

(Original post by doodle_333)
    Don't continue with this. To be honest to me it is really weird that a 22 year old would be interested in an 18 year old, he has been through uni and is working in an adult job... you're still a school kid, you're at totally different stages in your life and totally different levels of maturity (unless something is seriously wrong with him). The fact he looks young is totally meaningless, as is the fact he uses slang.

There is a reason teachers and students aren't meant to have a relationship outside of the classroom and this is REALLY dangerous for him. As in, his career would be ruined. Although given the what he's done (have you round to his house, have sexual contact with you) to be honest I think he deserves that at this point.
    No it isn't weird I promise! He's 22 but it feels like he's 18. He's part of my generation. I'm certainly not immature. It's only a 4 year difference, not that it feels like it anyway. The sexual contact and stuff was completely my fault.

He's honestly really nice, and mature. Tbh the whole situation is much more of a mess than it sounds in this thread. H

ReputationRep:
    You can't possibly ensure that nobody else ever finds out. You can't. What if someone sees you together? What if a neighbour of his spots you going in and out of his flat and tells the wrong person? You cannot guarantee you won't get found out. Stop it now and wait til you're finished with sixth form. He will lose his job and career if you don't.

(Original post by sleepyspider)
    You're willing to ruin his career, simply for your own personal happiness? When you could just wait a few more months until you finish school?

How can you even say you like him? You're horribly selfish; you don't care about him.
    I don't want to ruin his career. And also, both of our happiness lies in this. People who are commenting just stay away are making it sound really easy. I really really like this guy, it's so hard for me to just completely cut off everything we have.

(Original post by Katarvi)
    You can't possibly ensure that nobody else ever finds out. You can't. What if someone sees you together? What if a neighbour of his spots you going in and out of his flat and tells the wrong person? You cannot guarantee you won't get found out. Stop it now and wait til you're finished with sixth form. He will lose his job and career if you don't.
    No. A neighbour would just think I'm his girlfriend, since we look the same age.

This is like Aria and Mr Fitz lel

Don't go further with it for now. You'll ruin his career. At least wait till you're at uni

Ok can I just say, a lot of people are saying just back away. It's not as easy that. I seriously like this guy, and he likes me too. We've hung out multiple times, and like I'm seriously attached to this guy. I can't just stop talking to him just like that.
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    Because I don't see anything objectively wrong with the whole situation. We're just two normal people who fell for each other. It's not like he's a 30 year old creep, and I'm a 16 year old naive girl.

My only problem is with the legal side

Aren't there laws to do with being in a position of trust?
    You're 18, the laws don't apply in that sense anymore

ReputationRep:
    I don't want to ruin his career. And also, both of our happiness lies in this. People who are commenting just stay away are making it sound really easy. I really really like this guy, it's so hard for me to just completely cut off everything we have.
    He won't be happy when you ruin his life. Why can't you just do the decent thing and wait a little bit longer? You are selfish, and you don't care about him. You only care about yourself.

Also, why ask for advice if you're not going to listen?

ReputationRep:
    Ok can I just say, a lot of people are saying just back away. It's not as easy that. I seriously like this guy, and he likes me too. We've hung out multiple times, and like I'm seriously attached to this guy. I can't just stop talking to him just like that.
    Do what you want then. Just don't cry when you ruin everything for both of you.

Just step back and think about it practically, You're going to go off to uni after a few months, will you still like him then? Are you not going to meet and fall in love with new guys? Is it worth potentially ruining the poor guy's career for a relationship that is very unlikely to last?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 13, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.