x Turn on thread page Beta

So I suddenly decided to apply for uni AND HERE I AM watch

So I left sixth form like 2 years ago with A levels in English, Business and Maths. I did far worse than I was predicted because I essentially skipped the last year to watch Game of Thrones and play on my playstation.

So I wrote off the idea of uni because I didn't think any of them would let me in - and went travelling. I got back in August and I decided on the 10th January that I was going to do it this year, but realised I had 5 days to apply and, again, thought I had no chance, so I didn't.

But last Friday I got a huge wave of motivation and decided I was going to make it happen, whatever it took, and wrote my personal statement in like 2 days flat (which is an achievement - I'm usually a vegetable at the weekends). I got a reference, and sent everything off yesterday lunch time. Now I've just opened my emails and I have 3 unconditional offers from Anglia Ruskin, Cumbria and Wolverhampton! So this **** is really happening.

And now here I am! I'm going to be studying International Business (because travel is what I love and Business is what I'm good at).

Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered welcome lounge threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.