Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've been with my bf for about a year and half now and thought he was the one.

About 6 months ago he started working a few days a week away from home though which has been hard as its long hours too.

Recently he got really drunk after an all day drinking session with his friends and bought a girl a drink in a club and woke up in her bed. He says they were both fully clothed but he can't remember what happened.

I know he is really stressed at work and feeling depressed etc and I decided to give him another chance.

We've had 2 weeks of what I thought was good as we seemed happier etc working through things. However he rang me at the weekend and said he felt depressed and he's not sure what he wants. Everything he said was a contradiction ie I don't want to break up but im not sure I see us together in 5 years.

Also I love you but I'm not sure if as a friend or relationship way.

He also mentioned being tempted by other girls.

I asked he he is afraid of commitment and he said he thinks so, he is 26 by the way.

Basically I just wondered if this has happened to anyone else from either point of view and what happened?

He has asked for a few days to sort his feelings out so we are not taking at the moment.
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Steph_1919)
    I've been with my bf for about a year and half now and thought he was the one.

About 6 months ago he started working a few days a week away from home though which has been hard as its long hours too.

Recently he got really drunk after an all day drinking session with his friends and bought a girl a drink in a club and woke up in her bed. He says they were both fully clothed but he can't remember what happened.

I know he is really stressed at work and feeling depressed etc and I decided to give him another chance.

We've had 2 weeks of what I thought was good as we seemed happier etc working through things. However he rang me at the weekend and said he felt depressed and he's not sure what he wants. Everything he said was a contradiction ie I don't want to break up but im not sure I see us together in 5 years.

Also I love you but I'm not sure if as a friend or relationship way.

He also mentioned being tempted by other girls.

I asked he he is afraid of commitment and he said he thinks so, he is 26 by the way.

Basically I just wondered if this has happened to anyone else from either point of view and what happened?

He has asked for a few days to sort his feelings out so we are not taking at the moment.
    I think it would be best to end the relationship as hes clearly not showing commitment to you.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 9, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.