Turn on thread page Beta

any indians in an interracial relationship watch

ReputationRep:
    My mother and father see it as I'm bring shame upon the family and that I am a disgrace. They would rather me sad and miserable than me be happy with this guy that I truly love and having his child would be out of the question my mum or dad would probably hit my stomach

ReputationRep:
    I just know I'm going to cause so much pain to them n I just don't know how to ease that pain I will cause

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drowzee)
    I think my parents would do the same tbh :/ It is ridiculous. We're in the 21st century and in a majority white country, with many other ethnicities living here. To try and stop their children dating/marrying people from other backgrounds is not only bigoted, but very insular.

Thank you
    Yeah, that's true. UK is majority white so I have no idea why they would limit you into only going for one race. I have been told that they don't like mixing religion/culture. Or a few of the Asian friends that I had said it was because it was just they way it has been going on for generation, after generations and they want to carry on the legacy of a "pure" race. lmao.

Do your parents know you are dating a non-Asian then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eternalflames)
    I can't believe your parents reacted that strongly about his background, he's a human ffs.
    I know for **** sake. 😩😡😩😩😔 they would laugh at me like I'm a stupid idiot when I tried to explain to them how much he means to me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AaliyahEasy)
    I know for **** sake. 😩😡😩😩😔 they would laugh at me like I'm a stupid idiot when I tried to explain to them how much he means to me
    Just forget them hun, you focus on yourself and your baby xxx

ReputationRep:
    Any parent that disowns their child because they're with someone from a different race, religion etc. are not fit to be parents.
    ?? My mum is a great woman.

ReputationRep:
    Hello I just looked back and didn't expect so many people messaging back helping me I'm very great ful, I apologise I should have mentioned we are both 19 years old and I do work and so does he, our finances are very good to be honest so money is won't be an issue. I also believe that aborting the child would be so wrong, I went through an abortion before because I was raped in 2014. And I could never give my child over to someone else to raise adoption is a no no. I know I got myself in a bad bad situation I feel like my last option is to write a letter and just running away.
    A women posted that she is in a relationship with a non-Indian, if you had told your parents about your man and if you got pregnant by him what would your family say? If you don't mind me asking, what ethnicity is your man from?
    Then screw your folks bahan.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by somesomebody)
    clearly not lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by coolboy101101)
    clearly not lol
    so anyway

A women posted that she is in a relationship with a non-Indian, if you had told your parents about your man and if you got pregnant by him what would your family say? If you don't mind me asking, what ethnicity is your man from?
    drowzee, I think she means you. :beard:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loveleest)
    Anything under 20 is still very young to me IMO, I feel like 17 and a job would NOT be enough because she would still be in full time education...Life would just be too difficult for her. She could drop of school and find someone that would take care of her child but that might be seen as a chore if her parents are not willing to accept the child being part black.
    Well I was going by not my opinion on what young is or not but by legally who can work.

But she said she's 19 and employed, so is her guy. So...she should be fine, self-sufficient wise. But family wise, she just needs to ignore her folks if not disown THEM if they keep it up. My folks would shake their heads and would stray and would not be very welcoming at all but they wouldn't (I don't THINK) disown me for it...they'd just be upset for a loooong time, like loving me distantly if you get what I mean. Constant criticism, hostility toward the girl, not affectionate to our kid if we were to have one etc. so I don't bother and just stick with my own. OP is braver.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hydeman)
    drowzee, I think she means you. :beard:
    I would surely hope sooooo since she asked me but I didn't address it lol

ReputationRep:
    Hello I just looked back and didn't expect so many people messaging back helping me I'm very great ful, I apologise I should have mentioned we are both 19 years old and I do work and so does he, our finances are very good to be honest so money is won't be an issue. I also believe that aborting the child would be so wrong, I went through an abortion before because I was raped in 2014. And I could never give my child over to someone else to raise adoption is a no no. I know I got myself in a bad bad situation I feel like my last option is to write a letter and just running away.
    My family would be devastated... I think they would disown me, but then I (hope) have my sisters on my side
    My mother and father see it as I'm bring shame upon the family and that I am a disgrace. They would rather me sad and miserable than me be happy with this guy that I truly love and having his child would be out of the question my mum or dad would probably hit my stomach
    I just know I'm going to cause so much pain to them n I just don't know how to ease that pain I will cause
    This is so sad

Are you working full time? Going to university? Since you're only 19, I would say think before you keep you're baby. You don't know how the future will unfold, and you and you're partner might drift apart in the future (people change). I'm not advocating abortion, I just think you should consider other options. But most importantly, this is your life, so you know what's best for you. Screw you're parents.

I hope everything turns out okay for you. :hugs:

Yeah, that's true. UK is majority white so I have no idea why they would limit you into only going for one race. I have been told that they don't like mixing religion/culture. Or a few of the Asian friends that I had said it was because it was just they way it has been going on for generation, after generations and they want to carry on the legacy of a "pure" race. lmao.

Do your parents know you are dating a non-Asian then?
    Te pure race thing is such bs :mad: Mixed race people have the best genes anyway It's true they don't like mixing, and they're racist.

No my parents don't know
    I wasn't talking about your mum! Just some Indian parents in general, silly! :lol:

ReputationRep:
    I guess I just need to be strong for the sake of myself and my child. I'm already going through a hard pregnancy seeing mental health nurses because my midwife says she feels I'm getting depressed also I was in hospital because of having hyperemesis gravidarum. Things are really difficult but you have all been incredibly helpful May God bless you all. I honestly just think ill have to run away

ReputationRep:

I wasn't talking about your mum! Just some Indian parents in general, silly! :lol:
    Oh. Because in the context it said, parents who disown their kids for mixing are unfit. And I had said my folks just might disown me :erm: but alrighty then. My mum isn't perfect but yea she just might disown me, she almost has anyway for other things lol. The non Indian gf might be the straw on the back. And it's weird because my mother's father has black carib in him but apparently no disrespect but apparently my mother's mum RUINNEEDDDD our bloodline by doing that! like created poverty by giving her kids away and creating a diaspora in our family so now we're all kind of peppered around the world and have only ourselves not each other. JUST because she gave all her half black kids AWAY! :noway:

ReputationRep:
    I was working full time but have not been going to work recently due to my hyperemesis gravidarum condition

ReputationRep:
    Well I was going by not my opinion on what young is or not but by legally who can work.

But she said she's 19 and employed, so is her guy. So...she should be fine, self-sufficient wise. But family wise, she just needs to ignore her folks if not disown THEM if they keep it up. My folks would shake their heads and would stray and would not be very welcoming at all but they wouldn't (I don't THINK) disown me for it...they'd just be upset for a loooong time, like loving me distantly if you get what I mean. Constant criticism, hostility toward the girl, not affectionate to our kid if we were to have one etc. so I don't bother and just stick with my own. OP is braver.
    No, she is going through too much for a 19 year old girl. I know how terrible this sounds but she shouldn't keep the baby. Her boyfriend could leave her anytime after her giving birth, leaving her shattered. Which means she has to deal with a broken heart and her racist family members hating her and her half black baby.

OP, it isn't worth it to keep the baby...Really sorry. Maybe try getting your family members to accept your black boyfriend but that it almost near impossible from what I have heard about Asian parents.

I wish the best for OP and I feel bad that she has to go through this.

ReputationRep:
    No, she is going through too much for a 19 year old girl. I know how terrible this sounds but she shouldn't keep the baby. Her boyfriend could leave her anytime after her giving birth, leaving her shattered. Which means she has to deal with a broken heart and her racist fanily members hating her and her half black baby.

OP, it isn't worth it to keep the baby...Really sorry. Maybe try getting your family members to accept your black boyfriend but that it almost near impossible from what I have heard about Asian parents.

I wish the best for OP and I feel bad that she has to go through this.
    I disagree. She should keep the baby, I mean I don't see why not. You can't just have a kid and then say "well here's a spanner, *dump*. Next kid; here's another spanner *dump*."

ReputationRep:
    You need to fix your race issues and make more intelligent decisions in the future

ReputationRep:
    I disagree. She should keep the baby, I mean I don't see why not. You can't just have a kid and then say "well here's a spanner, *dump*. Next kid; here's another spanner *dump*."
    Lmao her Mum is Asian- A black man is not getting accepted into her family.
    It's either get disowned or have her mixed race child.
    Getting disowned by your family would cause more stress than an abortion and plus she has already had one before.
    It isn't just easy for her to just have her baby. Her situation is literally life threatening- What if her boyfriend leaves her as well as her family? She might end up suicidal.

My friend is half black and half indian. I don't think she is in contact wiyh any of her indian family apart from her Mum and its not surprising.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 17, 2016
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.