Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    My step dad is Pakistani and he would have gone absolutely mental if I came home pregnant as a teenager, regardless of the guy's race. My advice would be to move out. You can't risk things getting out of hand especially in your situation. Write them a letter explaining everything then hope for the best.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AaliyahEasy)
    What does 'honour killed' mean
    An honour killing is the homicide of a member of a family or social group by other members, due to the belief the victim has brought dishonour upon the family or community. The death of the victim is viewed as a way to restore the reputation and honour of the family.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SMEGGGY)
    An honour killing is the homicide of a member of a family or social group by other members, due to the belief the victim has brought dishonour upon the family or community. The death of the victim is viewed as a way to restore the reputation and honour of the family.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I think that's certain Muslims not Indians in general...

ReputationRep:
    Yeah that's what they would have tried to force me to do

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SMEGGGY)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I just cannot fathom how some people can easily prioritise "honour" over a family member's life. It's like all those years raising and loving the child meant absolutely nothing for these people...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by donutaud15)
    My step dad is Pakistani and he would have gone absolutely mental if I came home pregnant as a teenager, regardless of the guy's race. My advice would be to move out. You can't risk things getting out of hand especially in your situation. Write them a letter explaining everything then hope for the best.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Do you think I should mention I'm pregnant or tell them there's a very good reason why I've done this n maybe in a year or two tell them look I was pregnant
    They will literally know I've gone off with this black guy anyway

ReputationRep:
    Yeah that's what they would have tried to force me to do
    We're just rattling on and on about you aren't we? lol :console:

What matters most now is the family you're going to create and the person you want to do it with.

ReputationRep:
    Do you think I should mention I'm pregnant or tell them there's a very good reason why I've done this n maybe in a year or two tell them look I was pregnant
    They will literally know I've gone off with this black guy anyway
    Tell them you're pregnant but not in person maybe

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Don't listen to the murder-condoners, oops, I mean those recommending abortion. It is never the choice. Try and talk to your parents about why they feel that way regarding your bf and maybe if they calm down, invite him over for dinner.

ReputationRep:
    You are extremely young and choosing to not have an abortion would, not could, would permanently change the course of your life.

And not for the better.

Ultimately, however, you have to do what you think is right for yourself, but don't think it will just be as easy as some others on here are suggesting.

ReputationRep:
    Tell them you're pregnant but not in person maybe

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Along with the shock I feel like it will cause more emotional distress to my parents :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by somesomebody)
    We're just rattling on and on about you aren't we? lol :console:

What matters most now is the family you're going to create and the person you want to do it with.
    Lol I needed all this help freal I appreciate you really helping me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gwagon)
    Don't listen to the murder-condoners, oops, I mean those recommending abortion. It is never the choice. Try and talk to your parents about why they feel that way regarding your bf and maybe if they calm down, invite him over for dinner.
    Lol trust me that could never happen

ReputationRep:
    Along with the shock I feel like it will cause more emotional distress to my parents :/
    You can't really hide a child like that and they'll most likely hate you more for hiding it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You're clearly not familiar with how a lot of Asian parents are if you think that's a viable option.

ReputationRep:
    Pathetic. :rolleyes:

At least try to pretend that you're putting OP's interests first.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jesus Walks)
    You are extremely young and choosing to not have an abortion would, not could, would permanently change the course of your life.

And not for the better.

Ultimately, however, you have to do what you think is right for yourself, but don't think it will just be as easy as some others on here are suggesting.

Of course it's going to be extremely hard and I know this

ReputationRep:
    You guys keep calling me 'OP' what the hell does that mean? Loooool

You guys keep calling me 'OP' what the hell does that mean? Loooool
    Original poster. It's forum-speak.

ReputationRep:
    You can't really hide a child like that and they'll most likely hate you more for hiding it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'll be moving out of my area so they and other family won't see me around but they will know that it's their fault with how they think how their mentality is is why I had to hide it

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 17, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.