Turn on thread page Beta

any indians in an interracial relationship watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hydeman)
    Original poster. It's forum-speak.
    Oh lool!! Thank u for clearing that up for me lol! 😝

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gwagon)
    Try and talk to your parents about why they feel that way regarding your bf and maybe if they calm down, invite him over for dinner.
    You're not Asian are you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Most Indians would consider you foolish, and an outcaste. Your child certainly would be. Few Indians will take him seriously or her. Certainly, none in India.

If you care about yourself, if no one else, give the child up for adoption, or give him or her to the father, and find an Indian man. Do not tell anybody except your mother about this. Perhaps she can guide you better, if she's sensible.

India and Indians are not like the West, with no sense of their identity or self. This is something terrible you have done in that cultural context.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AaliyahEasy)
    i am an indian girl in a relationship with a black guy, i am bearing his child and my parents do not know that we are still in communication with each other, i do not know what to do i am so stuck, my mum was crying all day and night when she found out i had a black boyfriend and my dad was just really upset but mainly angry, i dont know what to do i cant hide anything for much longer
    Didn't you make a thread titled very similar to this yesterday or something? :hmmmm2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XxKingSniprxX)
    Didn't you make a thread titled very similar to this yesterday or something? :hmmmm2:
    :indiff: did she...? dammit did I just goof and eat bait lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gwagon)
    Don't listen to the murder-condoners, oops, I mean those recommending abortion. It is never the choice. Try and talk to your parents about why they feel that way regarding your bf and maybe if they calm down, invite him over for dinner.
    http://heavyeditorial.files.wordpres...link.gif?w=780

ReputationRep:
    Yeah no one really helped. But a lot of people helped today 👍🏾 probably because of the time of day I posted this one

ReputationRep:
    Omg .... :rofl: ... just simply :shot: #legend

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by somesomebody)
    :indiff: did she...? dammit did I just goof and eat bait lol
    Yeah I did & no one really helped. But a lot of people helped today 👍🏾 probably because of the time of day I posted this one

Its very sad reading this entire post. Not every indian (/indian family) is like this, at all. I for one, am Indian and come from an Indian family. I wonder if it makes a difference that both my parents are professionals (yes, mum too) and that I'm doing a medical degree also. I have met and been in relationship with a non-indian for 2 years. I was very nervous initially to tell my parents about him but I did. We agreed they should meet the boy, my parents travelled a long way to meet him and that was probably one of the most wonderful weekends of my life. It has now been 15 months since and he has been completely accepted into the family, my mum literally considers him like a son. We are in a pre-marital relationship but at the end of the day this is the 21st century. I dont plan on getting married till I finish my very long degree and earn enough myself to start a family. I guess I am very lucky that my family are accepting.

OP what is your parent's socio-economic status like? Honour/pride etc does not come from race. It comes from you as a person, how you treat others, your profession etc. I will be spending my life serving others, my patients. I dont think it would matter whether my boyfriend was white, blue, black or green. He too is a medical student.

I dont know what the solution is in your situation OP. I dont think any of us can truly advice you as you know your situation the best. You say you are doing well financially, but what does that mean? Is it a stable long-term source? My concept of "lots of money" has changed from what I thought it was age 12 (£10 is alot then..) to 17.. to 22 etc. Now I dont even feel like £22k which is what my starting salary will sounds like a lot. by that age I will be looking to buy a house etc, and that certainly is not enough! Just please be sensible and think everything through thoroughly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 41b)
    Most Indians would consider you foolish, and an outcaste. Your child certainly would be. Few Indians will take him seriously or her. Certainly, none in India.

If you care about yourself, if no one else, give the child up for adoption, or give him or her to the father, and find an Indian man. Do not tell anybody except your mother about this. Perhaps she can guide you better, if she's sensible.

India and Indians are not like the West, with no sense of their identity or self. This is something terrible you have done in that cultural context.
    :hmmmm:

ReputationRep:
    Indian parents are really passionate about their cultures that's why they don't like their children mixing. And it is also rare for an Indian couple to break up in comparison couples of other races so that could be a reason as well. However, i still believe we should be allowed to spend time with people who make you happy. Btw i am 17 year old South Indian guy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 41b)
    There is no feeling that can replace the love of my countrymen. Nothing can do it. I would kill or die for my country. And I would not feel that way if I was a halfie.
    Maybe it doesn't matter to her if her son wants to die for India, because her country isn't India...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gilezzz)
    Indian parents are really passionate about their cultures that's why they don't like their children mixing. And it is also rare for an Indian couple to break up in comparison couples of other races so that could be a reason as well. However, i still believe we should be allowed to spend time with people who make you happy. Btw i am 17 year old South Indian guy
    Arranged marriages are much happier after 10 years than love marriages.

Short term happiness, or being "allowed to spend time with people who make you happy" is how the West arrived at the situation where women sleep with 10+ guys, don't get married or have one unhealthy kid when they're old and then divorce, ****ing his future further.

India and Hinduism survived because it stuck to its traditions, in the face of all odds. The west has demographically suicided and whites will become minorities in their countries within 50 years. Even today, more minorities are born in the UK than natives.

These are not the kind of people whose values Indians should be emulating. Unless India wants to go down the same path. With the 15% Muslim population, demographic suicide amongst liberalising Hindus will mean Indians will do to themselves what Akbar, Aurangzeb and Babur could not accomplish.

Do you think the Muslims let their daughters sleep with whoever makes them happy? Do you think Muslims let their daughters go and work and go barren, or produce sick kids after popping oestrogen pills for 20 years?

Indians have been their own worst enemy in many areas for several hundred years, at least. The last thing Indians should be doing now is aping people who have destroyed their own population through following short-sighted and foolish ideas.

ReputationRep:
    My country has a massive population of mixed Indian and Black people, not 50/50 but a historic like mix including myself.

It's no big deal

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Where are you from dinosaur guy?
    And arranged marriages are not always happy
    My parents had an arranged marriage but trust me they aren't truly actually happy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drowzee)
    Any parent that disowns their child because they're with someone from a different race, religion etc. are not fit to be parents. I think it's a good way to see if you're parents really love you, or if they care more about "family honour" or what the community thinks of them. So I would say it's not the worst thing that could happen. I don't think OP should care (depending on her age ofc).
    But they know what the world is like more than u do. Ur still stupid in their eyes and even i wud think that..
    Its not about family honour, but more time the guy just wants to get some pleasure of the girl then he leaves slowly but for surely. (Not always) And therefore they dont want u to do the stuff like that at an age where u still naive and getting to know the world

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eternalflames)
    Just forget them hun, you focus on yourself and your baby xxx
    Lol ur not serious, so ur telling her to go with the flow? Does she want the baby thoo seriously stop encouraging tings if it was u Im 100% sure at the age of 19 u wudnt give birth so why u tryna tell her to

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fkmylife)
    But they know what the world is like more than u do. Ur still stupid in their eyes and even i wud think that..
    Its not about family honour, but more time the guy just wants to get some pleasure of the girl then he leaves slowly but for surely. (Not always) And therefore they dont want u to do the stuff like that at an age where u still naive and getting to know the world
    Of course I understand that completely but I know I don't want to abort my child so what do u suggest I do or suggest I could say to them along the note u just spoke about

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AaliyahEasy)
    Where are you from dinosaur guy?
    And arranged marriages are not always happy
    My parents had an arranged marriage but trust me they aren't truly actually happy
    Yeah I bet. Having a daughter who sleeps around with a black guy will certainly make them less unhappy ... :hmmmm:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 17, 2016
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.