Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I've just been accepted onto my nursing degree. When do I apply for NHS bursaries etc Watch

ReputationRep:
    Student loans, bursaries etc?

I don't start for 11 months (there's two intakes and I'm starting Feb 2017 but it's under the sept 2016 so before the 'rules' change).

I just wondered how far in advance I should apply?

ReputationRep:
    The guidance says new students can apply from the 7th March for September start...I applied on the 7th and have sent in all my supporting documents which they received today. I like to be organised and need to know where I stand with the bursary to ensure I haven enough finances available while I study.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.nhsbsa.nhs.uk/Students/4002.aspx
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by TheSecondDegree)
    Student loans, bursaries etc?

I don't start for 11 months (there's two intakes and I'm starting Feb 2017 but it's under the sept 2016 so before the 'rules' change).

I just wondered how far in advance I should apply?
    Just quoting in the OP to make sure they see this

ReputationRep:
    Thank you. Presumably it'll be the same next year as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheSecondDegree)
    Thank you. Presumably it'll be the same next year as well.
    Replaced with Student Loans from next year :
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-35263402

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    Just quoting in the OP to make sure they see this
    if yeh start this September yeh get funding throughout right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trustmeimlying1)
    if yeh start this September yeh get funding throughout right?
    Yes, If you qualify for bursary this year you will qualify til the end of your course.

I applied on the 7th and they've already assessed my claim, super speedy!
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by allym123)
    Yes, If you qualify for bursary this year you will qualify til the end of your course.
    Yes. As long as your situation doesn't change, your finance stays the same throughout your course.

ReputationRep:

I applied on the 7th and they've already assessed my claim, super speedy!
    Is this the same even if they scrap the Bursary next year? The reason I ask is that I qualify for a Bursary but I don't think I would qualify for a Loan as I have already had 2 Loans as have already done an Undergrad degree and a PGCE. I know you have to re-apply for the Bursary each year so was wondering if I will be funded for the full course.

I can't apply for the Bursary until April as need to wait for my Husbands P60 at the end of the Tax year x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AmyH81)
    Is this the same even if they scrap the Bursary next year? The reason I ask is that I qualify for a Bursary but I don't think I would qualify for a Loan as I have already had 2 Loans as have already done an Undergrad degree and a PGCE. I know you have to re-apply for the Bursary each year so was wondering if I will be funded for the full course.

I can't apply for the Bursary until April as need to wait for my Husbands P60 at the end of the Tax year x
    Hi Amy, yes - we will need to reapply for the subsequent 2 years but if we are starting this year on the bursary scheme it will continue til the end of our course. x

ReputationRep:
    Hi Amy, yes - we will need to reapply for the subsequent 2 years but if we are starting this year on the bursary scheme it will continue til the end of our course. x
    I thought that would be the case but it's a relief to hear it from someone else. It would be a bit too harsh if they suddenly stop you from getting the bursary half way through the course

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.