Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Have you had any strange/funny/bad dreams/nightmares recently? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Well, I want to know if anyone has remembered an interesting dream recently!

For example, this is one I partially remembered from last night:

I was on some Caribbean island like Cuba or something, all I remember is that I got hit/fell by/on something and my back started bleeding, and my friends who were with me expressed concern where I just passed it off as a graze. The last thing I remember is crossing the road into the shade and then collapsing because of the blood loss, brought on by the dehydration from the searing heat.

I think dreams make pretty cool stories.

ReputationRep:
    Recently the dream front's been rather quiet but one of my most recent ones was I got interrupted from initiating the sex with a grill I know becuz some really camp boy from my school burst into the room going on about puns.

It was damn romantic till he showed up.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I then inserted my genitals into some form of tube made out of plastic sheeting for no discernible reason. My dreams always have ace plot lines and story direction....

ReputationRep:
    I had a dream in which I was contemplating the endlessness/nothingness of death, and trying to "find" it somehow; I dunno, don't remember it perfectly. You know how you often die/are about to die in a dream and then wake up...well, in the dream, I had that same kind of thing, jumping off a ledge, but then there was sort of nothingness in one way, but I got this weird sensation like there was still consciousness, and the complete lack of it was just out of reach... and then within the dream I had this epiphany (not that I carried it over to when I was awake lel) about how consciousness cannot be created or destroyed, and in some sense you have always existed and always will exist in some form, then I woke up, and felt tripped out

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 13 1 20 8 42)
    about how consciousness cannot be created or destroyed, and in some sense you have always existed and always will exist in some form, then I woke up, and felt tripped out
    I find this very refreshing to hear about in the internet's cynical opinion of death.
    Even if it is just a dream...

ReputationRep:
    i had a dream about a zombie apocalypse but instead of zombies, they were robot wars robots

ReputationRep:
    Yes, loads! I have really weird dreams virtually every night. Here are some of my most recent ones:

1. My mum was taking me to a Children of Bodom concert. We went into the venue and sat down, but then the venue changed to a science lab. One of the girls doing the presentation asked me to come and hold up a tray filled with pebbles, and I had to stand there holding this tray for the entire presentation, which seemed to go on forever. When it was over, I went and sat down again, and I noticed that the room had changed again, this time to an open plan room with a wooden floor. A group of children then appeared, and started performing Children of Bodom songs...

2. I was with my mum and uncle, and we were visiting a weird looking shop full of jewellery, clothes, gemstones etc. As we were leaving, the sky suddenly turned pink, and fireballs started raining down from the sky. One of them came down near us, knocking out my mum and uncle. I ran into a nearby building and watched as much of the area around me got slowly destroyed. When the fireball shower stopped, I went back out to see if my mum and uncle were okay, and found that they had no recollection of what had happened.

3. I had this one last night. I was staying in a large hotel with some of my friends from high school (who I don't have contact with anymore in real life). My friends went off to the bar to drink, however I didn't want to, so I stayed in my room. Suddenly, I felt really angry and upset, and I went up to the top floor using the big, spiral staircase in the middle of the hotel. As I stood there looking over the banister at the top, one of my friends came along and spotted me, and started running up the stairs, telling me not to jump, thinking I was going to commit suicide. I woke up after that, and I'm really not sure what that was about. But then, my dreams rarely make sense, so I don't suppose it matters much

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leviathan1741)
    Yes, loads! I have really weird dreams virtually every night. Here are some of my most recent ones:

1. My mum was taking me to a Children of Bodom concert. We went into the venue and sat down, but then the venue changed to a science lab. One of the girls doing the presentation asked me to come and hold up a tray filled with pebbles, and I had to stand there holding this tray for the entire presentation, which seemed to go on forever. When it was over, I went and sat down again, and I noticed that the room had changed again, this time to an open plan room with a wooden floor. A group of children then appeared, and started performing Children of Bodom songs...

2. I was with my mum and uncle, and we were visiting a weird looking shop full of jewellery, clothes, gemstones etc. As we were leaving, the sky suddenly turned pink, and fireballs started raining down from the sky. One of them came down near us, knocking out my mum and uncle. I ran into a nearby building and watched as much of the area around me got slowly destroyed. When the fireball shower stopped, I went back out to see if my mum and uncle were okay, and found that they had no recollection of what had happened.

3. I had this one last night. I was staying in a large hotel with some of my friends from high school (who I don't have contact with anymore in real life). My friends went off to the bar to drink, however I didn't want to, so I stayed in my room. Suddenly, I felt really angry and upset, and I went up to the top floor using the big, spiral staircase in the middle of the hotel. As I stood there looking over the banister at the top, one of my friends came along and spotted me, and started running up the stairs, telling me not to jump, thinking I was going to commit suicide. I woke up after that, and I'm really not sure what that was about. But then, my dreams rarely make sense, so I don't suppose it matters much
    no more cheese for you before bed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawtyb)
    no more cheese for you before bed
    Haha, I'm pretty sure it's my antidepressants making me have them, rather than cheese :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leviathan1741)
    Haha, I'm pretty sure it's my antidepressants making me have them, rather than cheese :lol:
    iv had weirder dreams without the help of prescribed drugs lol
    there pretty sexualised

ReputationRep:
    I dreamt I killed a taxi driver after getting angry with them, then the dream fast forwarded to a police station where I was being interviewed by the police. It was intense, which ended with me waking up with a heightened heart rate! Kinda cool though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 13 1 20 8 42)
    and then within the dream I had this epiphany (not that I carried it over to when I was awake lel) about how consciousness cannot be created or destroyed, and in some sense you have always existed and always will exist in some form, then I woke up, and felt tripped out
    I remember having something similar one night where I was awake but so deliriously tired I was thinking about weird stuff and when my brain was going off on some weird tangent I hit something and genuinely believed at the time that I'd discovered the meaning of life.

Of course when I got to sleep and then woke up again I couldn't remember what it was, which was just dandy.

ReputationRep:
    I had a dream a long time ago (back in Primary School, Year 5/6) where I went on psychotic rampage killing absolutely everyone in the school, which was strange, but after that, I got knighted by the Queen for service to the crown......... That dream has stayed with me for a long time.

ReputationRep:
    Can't wait to see what my mind dreams up tonight

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 9, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.