PasTest, PassMedicine or OnExamination for medical school exams?

Watch this thread
imedic
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Which one of the three websites do people find best for written exam practice?
seaholme
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 years ago
Written exam papers as in essay papers, or multiple choice? And what level are you at?
imedic
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by seaholme)
Written exam papers as in essay papers, or multiple choice? And what level are you at?
For MCQ/EMQ. 3rd year - covered most specialities except obs & gynae, paeds, psych, A&E.
Beska
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by imedic)
For MCQ/EMQ. 3rd year - covered most specialities except obs & gynae, paeds, psych, A&E.
I used OnExamination for third year and it was good. The app is incredible and lets you just sit there and do some questions during some downtime. It's 'Work Smart' feature or whatever it's called picks questions based on your current achievement, so if you're having a bad day it will make all the questions a little easier or if you're answering everything easily it will make them harder, and then put in questions that you've got wrong before to help you learn stuff. Never tried the other 2 so can't compare though.
username2279217
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
I'm a big fan of passmedicine. I found it was very similar to the types of questions in my exam. It's very guidelines and management based. There's also a huge textbook thing on there where you can search for different conditions.

Posted from TSR Mobile
evil_abed
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
I think a lot depends on which are most similar to your university's questions so I would suggest speaking to those in years above you to gauge this. As MrsHamster mentioned, PassMed is guidelines-based which is helpful for my school, whereas the other two had more questions about physiology or biochemistry which we don't get tested on at all. It also has good notes which I have used to look things up even for finals. You might also want to consider cost. The lack of an app didn't affect me much as it has a mobile page which is very easy to use. I think there have been a few threads like this on TSR, so might be worth a search if you haven't already done so.
banana day
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
I'm struggling to score averagely on pass medicine but it's around the average mark. is that good or bad? How difficult does everyone find pass medicine?
TheRabbit
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
I've never used pass medicine so can't help with your question about difficulty, but I have used onexamination and pastest - I would always go for on examination even though its more expensive, I just find it a really good resource.
Brachioradialis
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
The impression I had was that OnExamination was better for clinical 'what is this' questions, perhaps targeted at earlier years. Passmedicine seems better for later years and following guidelines on investigations and management, and has a lot on side effects and drug interactions.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How did The Student Room help you with your university application?

Talking to current university students (18)
18%
Talking to peers going through the same thing (34)
34%
Speaking to student ambassadors from the universities (6)
6%
Speaking to staff members from universities (2)
2%
Using the personal statement builder, library or helper service (10)
10%
Reading articles about what steps to take (19)
19%
Learning about/speaking to Student Finance England (4)
4%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (7)
7%

Watched Threads