Turn on thread page Beta

What do you think of kim kardashians nude selfie? Do you think it empowers women? watch

ReputationRep:
    Kim k posted a "nude" on twitter ..I wouldn't really classify it as a nude because she has her areas censored.
    I personally don't think it was bad because if she's got it ... then flaunt it right?
    I don't see how it empowers women though lmao

Chloe moretz said that Kim needs to show women that we are more than just our bodies and Kim insulted her back...

What do you think of this?

UPDATE: An article I found on what kim k said in regards to her selfie
    “Hey, guys. I wanted to write a post elaborating on my tweets last night,” Kim begins, in an essay Just Jared states was posted on her website.Kim continues, “In all seriousness, I never understand why people get so bothered by what other people choose to do with their lives. I don’t do drugs, I hardly drink, I’ve never committed a crime—and yet I’m a bad role model for being proud of my body?” She then addresses all the comments that refer back to her sex tape. “It always seems to come back around to my sex tape,”says Kim K. “Yes, a sex tape that was made 13 years ago. 13 YEARS AGO. Literally that lonnng ago. And people still want to talk about it?!?!” She explains that, at the time, she lived with fear and embarrassment, but later decided to move on and be better. “I shouldn’t have to constantly be on the defense, listing off my accomplishments just to prove that I am more than something that happened 13 years ago,” asserts Kim, urging everyone to move on and stop shaming her for her past actions.

“I am empowered by my body. I am empowered by my sexuality. I am empowered by feeling comfortable in my skin. I am empowered by showing the world my flaws and not being afraid of what anyone is going to say about me,” reveals Kardashian West. “And I hope that through this platform I have been given, I can encourage the same empowerment for girls and women all over the world.”“I feel so lucky to have grown up surrounded by strong, driven, independent women. The life lessons I’ve learned from my sisters, my mother and my grandmother, I will pass along to my daughter,” Kim announces. “I want her to be proud of who she is. I want her to be comfortable in her body. I don’t want her to grow up in a world where she is made to feel less-than for embracing everything it means to be a woman.”

“It’s 2016. The body-shaming and slut-shaming—it’s like, enough is enough. I will not live my life dictated by the issues you have with my sexuality. You be you and let me be me,”Kardashian West concludes. “I am a mother. I am a wife, a sister, a daughter, an entrepreneur and I am allowed to be sexy.”She ends her essay with: #happyinternationalwomensday.In writing this essay, we’re glad Kim took a moment to stand by her decisions and to explain that she chooses to embrace the way she’s expressed her confidence instead of allowing negativity to get the best of her. In the end, she makes a great point – she’s allowed to make her own choices, especially when it comes to her body and her sexuality.

ReputationRep:
    It was very immature of her to talk back to Chloe like that tbh.

As for the nude selfie, she's a married woman with two children. Can she not have some respect for herself? If she was single then I guess you could say that.. There are countless examples of mothers trying to make the world better and working their asses off for their kids. What's she doing? Taking her clothes off because it's the only thing she can do and is good at.

ReputationRep:
    Umm... don't see how it empowers women, it neither empowers nor demeans... I mean its just a nude like wtf chill

ReputationRep:
    Her body her choice although I do think its a bit crass but perhaps thats me as the "patriarchy" trying to impose my views on women. Unlike so many people though I don't hate KimK as her actions don't affect me at all. I guess you could say it empowers women as it lets women show their body for their own reasons and not everything in life is motivated by men etc etc but yeah.

ReputationRep:
    It empowers her only. Selfish sleg.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jamie S)
    Umm... don't see how it empowers women, it neither empowers nor demeans... I mean its just a nude like wtf chill
    I was thinking this. I don't see how it empowers women at all. Like yes she has a nice body but that's about it...I fail to see how it "empowers" women ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrsSheldonCooper)
    It was very immature of her to talk back to Chloe like that tbh.

As for the nude selfie, she's a married woman with two children. Can she not have some respect for herself? If she was single then I guess you could say that.. There are countless examples of mothers trying to make the world better and working their asses off for their kids. What's she doing? Taking her clothes off because it's the only thing she can do and is good at.
    Damn.

And yes good point about her being a mother now and not single.

ReputationRep:
    IMHO, she's just struggling to stay relevant.
    How else are people going to tune in for Keeping Up With The Kardashians?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loveleest)
    Kim k posted a "nude" on twitter ..I wouldn't really classify it as a nude because she has her areas censored.
    I personally don't think it was bad because if she's got it ... then flaunt it right?
    I don't see how it empowers women though lmao

Chloe moretz said that Kim needs to show women that we are more than just our bodies and Kim insulted her back...

What do you think of this?
    Erm not sure why you put the empowering part in when there was no mention before. Don't see how posting a censored nude pic has any meaning and don't really care about it since its not breaking site rules.

Absolutely horrendous selfie how old is she now 35? Still acting like she's in her teens should have some self respect for herself, kids and husband.

ReputationRep:
    I dont have a problem with her doing it as such, I mean it's her body.
    But no, in no way at all does it 'empower' women.

ReputationRep:
    It's just another way for her to make more money and get the attention she needs,I don't think much else of it tbh

ReputationRep:
    I do not think it is 'empowering women', but I think a lot of people will be thankful to her and other celebrities for setting certain body standards, considering that the society was more concerned with achieving the 'barbie look' or 'size 0'.

ReputationRep:
    empowers ?!
    She is married to Kanye West ...
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Basically what Chloë said:

ReputationRep:
    I don't think I'd necessarily be empowered by anything Kim Kardahsian did but she's an adult and it's her body, if she wants to show it off, it's entirely up to her

ReputationRep:
    yessss I think the same thing tbh, in what way does it empower women? same with certain songs that say they empower women, like wtf how? at the same time I dont really think its demeaning....
    its just irrelevant, I dont think girls sit there and go 'yay kim's nude selfie is going to empower me' lool

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kmixo)
    I do not think it is 'empowering women', but I think a lot of people will be thankful to her and other celebrities for setting certain body standards, considering that the society was more concerned with achieving the 'barbie look' or 'size 0'.
    But size "0" is not always in style. A lot of skinny women feel insecure too.
    Kim k's body doesn't have any stretch marks, she has a toned stomach, wide hips, perky boobs etc...
    How is she showing of her "flaws" lmao. Her body is near perfect I fail to see how it empowers women.

Everything about that family makes me physically sick. It baffles me how simpletons like this are somehow worthy of being headline news.

ReputationRep:
    It doesn't empower anybody. She thrives on staying relevant, the more she's spoken about on social media and in gossip magazines, the more money she can potentially make (from endorsements and things like that).

She does this stuff to make sure she's constantly being talked about, she knows how to get publicity and she will do anything to get it. Kudos to her.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 13, 2016
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.