Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

What do you think of kim kardashians nude selfie? Do you think it empowers women? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    She's an illuminati stooge. They prop up people like this to hammer home a particular lifestyle choice - vapid consumerism, wanton ignorance, whorey vanity etc....

ReputationRep:
    Would bang / 10 :sexface:

Totes 'empowering', dahling! :camp:

Spoiler:
    Show
    One of the above statements may be somewhat inaccurate

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by childofthesun)
    Attachment 511635
    Her body,her choice. I don't understand why people are so bothered about Kim's picture. Would I ever post such a picture of myself? No. Do I have a right to dictate how other women ought to present themselves? No. It is not Kim's job to 'set goals for younger women'-she is her own person, and I highly doubt that many girls would see that picture and think "all I have to offer is my body" or make life decisions based on Kim. I opened instagram, saw the picture,liked it, continued scrolling through my feed, and carried on with my life as usual :yy:
    I totally agree. I find it so annoying how people just say that Kim kardashian is a "role model" when she hasn't claimed to be a role model and is not forcing young girls to look up to her. It annoys me when people say such things.

ReputationRep:
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    Honest opinion? I feel sorry for her kids. I mean their dad's a prick and their mum's famous for sucking some dude off years ago. Beyond that I don't really give a ****

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DiddyDec)
    So what have you got to say?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loveleest)
    So what have 4 you got to say?
    I don't understand why people still give the attention whore attention.

ReputationRep:
    On the one hand you have a woman confident enough to broadcast her body naked online and essentially says "**** you" to all her critics. Given the leak of stolen nude photos online of a number of high profile women (which many then perved on and blamed the women for taking the photos in the first place even though thats roughly like saying if you don't want your house broken into, don't buy a house) an attitude like this is somewhat liberating.

On the other hand this is a woman whose only claim to fame is her body and the fact that she leaked a video of her sucking off someone more talented than her (not especially difficult). Her photos can be argued as perpetuating the idea that a womans only value is in their bodies. Jennifer Lawrence did a nude photoshoot, but that was in response to private photos that were stolen being thrown online and essentially a way of re-asserting bodily autonomy, Kim did for attention and nothing else.

ReputationRep:
    I don't understand why people still give the attention whore attention.
    She is not a "whore". Why do you think she is a "whore"

ReputationRep:
    She's famous for being famous. Millions of better looking people, thousands of better looking people with similar or less self respect.

ReputationRep:
    Kim Kardashian is a woman who got rich selling her body; she is an expensive prostitute for the masses. If people were oppressed for this sort of career choice then she would be in prison, not bathing in hundred dollar bills and public adoration.

ReputationRep:
    She is not a "whore". Why do you think she is a "whore"
    Attention whore. Look it up.
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Very Important Poster
    I think she's delusional if she thinks her nudes empower women.

ReputationRep:
    No.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrsSheldonCooper)
    There are countless examples of mothers trying to make the world better and working their asses off for their kids. What's she doing? Taking her clothes off because it's the only thing she can do and is good at.
    (Original post by lustawny)
    Everything about that family makes me physically sick. It baffles me how simpletons like this are somehow worthy of being headline news.
    Both of these. Nail on head.

She really does need to grow up. Cringe at the people who actually idolise her.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrsSheldonCooper)
    It was very immature of her to talk back to Chloe like that tbh.

As for the nude selfie, she's a married woman with two children. Can she not have some respect for herself? If she was single then I guess you could say that.. There are countless examples of mothers trying to make the world better and working their asses off for their kids. What's she doing? Taking her clothes off because it's the only thing she can do and is good at.
    Err.... it probs brings in more money for her kids than anything else she can do. Or maybe she should work overtime in a supermarket... rake in the dough.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
    Err.... it probs brings in more money for her kids than anything else she can do. Or maybe she should work overtime in a supermarket... rake in the dough.
    She was doing it long before she had kids.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilfred Little)
    She was doing it long before she had kids.
    Most people have been doing their career before they have kids. It might mess her kids up in different ways but financially speaking they are better off than the kids of a single mum working at a supermarket.

She is obviously an exhibitionist of some sort. She has found a way to do that to make money. IF it is the only thing she is good at she may as well milk it as opposed to the glorious life of a low wage non skilled worker drone.

ReputationRep:
    Attention whore. Look it up.
    She might like attention yes, but she is not a whore.

ReputationRep:
    She might like attention yes, but she is not a whore.
    Attention whore is one phrase. Go and look it up. Stop being so obtuse.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 13, 2016
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.