Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Please help: Frustrated about communication with new girlfriend...or lack of Watch

Hey guys, I started dating a girl recently and she asked me out after the 3rd date, which I happily agreed to.

Anyway, I've only known her for 3 weeks, we've met up 4 times, and we started of whatsapp messaging every day, morning and night, to be honest this got a bit much, but not wanting to mess things up with her, I never failed to reply, was careful not to overdo it and everything, but she seems less responsive now.

I met up with her yesterday, we kissed, and she invited me to a wedding with her next week, and I invited her to my nieces christening the day after. We are also meant to be meeting this Saturday, and I love seeing her, but the communication aspect is becoming an issue, how often to message her, and reading the signs etc.

So I'm not playing games, but last night I thought I'd leave it a bit later to see if she messaged me goodnight, she didn't, so I messaged her and she replied with a message that at the end said, 'have a good day at college tomorrow xx', this is fine, so I thought maybe that was sign that I need'nt text her this morning. I really wanted to text her, but she knew already wished me a good day, and she said she's gonna be busy, so as she knows I am also busy, I decided for this one time only to not text her until 6pm when I get home. To be honest I am a bit sad she hasn't messaged me today, and really confused about the whole thing. Any advice?

I just wanna add that I've not been in a relationship for quite a few years, and after being let down a number of times I thought I'd stop caring and let things just happen naturally, so I am not gonna make the same mistake as I have previously done by letting the whole situation of girl ending a good thing ruin me
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Hey guys, I started dating a girl recently and she asked me out after the 3rd date, which I happily agreed to.

Anyway, I've only known her for 3 weeks, we've met up 4 times, and we started of whatsapp messaging every day, morning and night, to be honest this got a bit much, but not wanting to mess things up with her, I never failed to reply, was careful not to overdo it and everything, but she seems less responsive now.

I met up with her yesterday, we kissed, and she invited me to a wedding with her next week, and I invited her to my nieces christening the day after. We are also meant to be meeting this Saturday, and I love seeing her, but the communication aspect is becoming an issue, how often to message her, and reading the signs etc.

So I'm not playing games, but last night I thought I'd leave it a bit later to see if she messaged me goodnight, she didn't, so I messaged her and she replied with a message that at the end said, 'have a good day at college tomorrow xx', this is fine, so I thought maybe that was sign that I need'nt text her this morning. I really wanted to text her, but she knew already wished me a good day, and she said she's gonna be busy, so as she knows I am also busy, I decided for this one time only to not text her until 6pm when I get home. To be honest I am a bit sad she hasn't messaged me today, and really confused about the whole thing. Any advice?
    I wouldnt over analyse it so much, like you said you've both been busy today so maybe she s not had any time to text today. She's invited to you to things with her family so i d assume you've nothing to be worrying about at the moment

(Original post by claireestelle)
    I wouldnt over analyse it so much, like you said you've both been busy today so maybe she s not had any time to text today. She's invited to you to things with her family so i d assume you've nothing to be worrying about at the moment
    I know, just things seem so complicated, I refuse to keep up this level of insecurity for long, and will talk it out soon, and not gonna continue with it if things aren't satisfactory eventually. Really don't have the energy for this kinda chit anymore, would honestly prefer to be single and depressed than in a relationship feeling elated one day, then horribly insecure the next. Why do I even bother
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    I know, just things seem so complicated, I refuse to keep up this level of insecurity for long, and will talk it out soon, and not gonna continue with it if things aren't satisfactory eventually. Really don't have the energy for this kinda chit anymore, would honestly prefer to be single and depressed than in a relationship feeling elated one day, then horribly insecure the next. Why do I even bother
    Talking about your insecurities is a difficult thing but its a good thing to do. I m sure in time you'll get into the swing of things with communicating with your girlfriend, you havent been together long so give it more time.

(Original post by claireestelle)
    You are right about not over analysing things too much, but it feels a funny situation for me to be in, and unfamiliar territory. I really wanna keep it casual for now, however am I right to be just causal if we are as she said, bf and gf? Do I just plod along, or what?
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    You are right about not over analysing things too much, but it feels a funny situation for me to be in, and unfamiliar territory. I really wanna keep it casual for now, however am I right to be just causal if we are as she said, bf and gf? Do I just plod along, or what?
    I d go with ploding along for now and see how things go.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 9, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.