Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I need an A too

but generally blag answers are OK in ICT so you should be fine.

You'll always get some marks for the questions normally.

The mark schemes for the essays are very vast, if you have done ICT at all it is difficult not to get at least 5

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by markh86)
    I need an A too

but generally blag answers are OK in ICT so you should be fine.

You'll always get some marks for the questions normally.

The mark schemes for the essays are very vast, if you have done ICT at all it is difficult not to get at least 5

But I did add that into my 70 marks. I put 12 from the essay, 3 from the menu one and 2 for the leasing one. I recon I ahve between 70 - 75 marks.
    I know I got an A on my coursework, but I just dont know how many UMS marks I got for it. I predicted 100/120.

So altogether I had 408 UMS marks. So to get an A I need around 72 marks on todays paper.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't be so sure about your coursework

they have a habit of changing them pretty drastically from the teacher's ones.

My teacher is really crap and I am sure she over marked the stupid people's courseworks- I'm going to probably suffer because of that.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't be so sure about your coursework

they have a habit of changing them pretty drastically from the teacher's ones.

My teacher is really crap and I am sure she over marked the stupid people's courseworks- I'm going to probably suffer because of that.

Oh nooo. My teacher did say I did well over an A, so wat UMS mark do you think that will be?
    I know that it starts at 96 as an A.

ReputationRep:
    no no no, both the paper and the max ums are out of 90. To get 72/90 on ums = minimum A.
    the raw marks that you need to get that are v low. in jan 2004 it was 45/90

ReputationRep:
    you are not serious that if i get 45/90 i will get an A?!

ReputationRep:
    you are not serious that if i get 45/90 i will get an A?!

But coursework was definately out of ums mark 120.

ReputationRep:
    i knew it couldn't be 90/90 exam = 90/90 as I got 90 in ICT2 and certainly didn't get them all right.

ReputationRep:
    You can look on www.aqa.org.uk , select the GCE AS/A2 from Qualifications, then select ICTl, then select examiners' reports. It's all in the end of the reports.

BTW, I couldn't work out what the last Q wanted me to answer - relational databases or distributed relational databases, or networks...I kinda wrote 4 pages of stuff, so hopefully should get 10/20...lol...hopefully more, but nevermind...

And I couldn't fugure out what a Uniform Resource Locator was...until after the exam my friend told me that it was URL....but I don't really know how that works anyway, (for we were not taught the M5 syllabus well, and I ended up going through the whole thing last night!!! And then I did 3 past papers...) I think I just blabbed about protocols and incompatibility.

For the menus I got
    - don't need much processing power - cheaper device, e.g. affordable mobile phones
    - limited choice - fewer errors, e.g. on ATMs
    - one button input - smaller keypad - smaller device, e.g. mobile phone
    - easy to use - menus self-explicable

There was a similar sort of Q on a past paper, where you had to do the command line, menu driven and GUI advantages and features.

ReputationRep:
    i knew it couldn't be 90/90 exam = 90/90 as I got 90 in ICT2 and certainly didn't get them all right.

Oh rite, no wonder. I got 90/90 ums in ICT4, and I knew I did some wrong.

ReputationRep:
    But coursework was definately out of ums mark 120.
    Yeah. Uuuu, that was a killer....sooo much documentation!

ReputationRep:
    I feel the same about the essay.

URL question I did way more than needed just to try and get the 1 phrase they wanted.

I talked a bit about IP addresses and the domain name system, how it is easier to remember addresses and that you type it in the address bar in a browser.

ReputationRep:
    what did you put for the factors of HCi?

I wrote about:
    software/hardware issues e.g. clear menu layout
    environmental issus e.g. ambient lighting
    psychological issues e.g. ease of use

Is that right?

ReputationRep:
    Blue Angel- I sucked at ICT4 - got a C or something, the re-sit last week wasn't bad- should probably get a high B,

Hopefully since ICT2 an ICT5 are linked quite a bit it helped me- I think it did.

ReputationRep:
    Ah well, it was only 3 marks.
    How on earth was Q1 worth 3 marks - it was a many to many relationship, as many actors could appear in many films, and many films could have many actors??? Tis what I wrote. Thought about what else I could say. Couldn't think of anything!

ReputationRep:
    yes that's what I did.

ReputationRep:
    Blue Angel, I put - User interface - user friendly, help mechanisms - well explained error messages to user as well as to technical support, and short cuts - hot keys, e.g. Ctrl+P

ReputationRep:
    for many to many I did exactly that too- I got a bit scared and added a line about the second normal form as well.

ReputationRep:
    are we talking about the same 1

there was one on human computer interface
    operating system stuff- shortcus etc

there was one on human computer interaction
    environment visual, sound pollution e.tc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Dishwasher)
    Blue Angel, I put - User interface - user friendly, help mechanisms - well explained error messages to user as well as to technical support, and short cuts - hot keys, e.g. Ctrl+P

So what I put, do you think thats ok. I did expand, and mention all sorts like help mechanisms, easy navigation etc...

I put Many to Many too, I think to get the full 3 marks you had to write the linking field. I just put e.g. Actor ID.

University open days

• University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • University of Sheffield
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.